CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R4.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.2.5-R4.0) that provides Minecraft 1.2.5 compatibility and fixes issues in CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R3.0 and earlier is now available. As this RB contains a critical dupe exploit fix, upgrading is highly recommended.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

Notes:
    This Recommended Build includes an upgrade to the jLine we use in Bukkit. As a result, Windows servers need the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable if you want to be able to see text formatting in your console (or use -nojline to disable jLine if you don't want to).

Unlike a previous Recommended Build (1.2.5-R2.0), this new RB does not need anything special like ANSICON.

Known Issues:
    • None.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R4.0 here

LegoPal92, TnT, Diamond00744 and 9 others like this.
  2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It's fixed. Though again, be sure to create tickets if you find something that still works :)

3. Offline

kin61

hello i have a problem again with this RB.... Im lagging like hell and people lag out and says connection lost all the time and im trying to run a server.... Plz fix this bukkit! Again!

and when i use the old RB the R2.0 works fine!!! but this one Lagggs Like shit!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  4. Offline

Gravity

Please don't double post, edit your previous one instead.

MyPictures likes this.
  5. Offline

MyPictures

I'm not getting any problems with R3 or R4, may check your plugins?

Only thing I noted on R4 is that the RAM management changed somehow. R3 allocates 300 MB Ram and if it needed more it just claimed more. R4 allocates 1.5 GB (full Ram) and runs with that then.

[Server] INFO Free memory: 1,143 MB
    [Server] INFO Allocated memory: 1,523 MB
    [Server] INFO Maximum memory: 1,523 MB
    1523-1143=380 MB (R3 had like the same usage of memory)

Has that something to do with that new disabling system bukkit got on R4?
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/plugin-disable-order-changes.77456/

O yea.... AWSOME WORK! ;)

6. Offline

rolansey

oaaah, my server have so big lags with this craftbukk. ah :( i will stay in r3.0 . 4.0 uses so many ram, from my 35 players can play jus 10 :(

7. Offline

spydercanopus

I have found it uses significantly less memory with this build.

8. Offline

rolansey

i dont know, but in my server it takes lot of ram... i have 15 players on and have so big lags. i tested with 3.0, no lags.

9. Offline

Nick Foster

only if we could lessen the cpu load somehow... i swear.. my server is doing nothing intense

10. Offline

TnT

All these situations have been tested without plugins, correct? As soon as you put a plugin on a CraftBukkit server you potentially change how it behaves. Hence, we need these issues reported without plugins.

If you need help narrowing down what plugin is to blame for your misfortune, the Bukkit Help forums are a great resource to utilize.

zipfe and MyPictures like this.
  11. Offline

rolansey

oh, i need test now without plugins. yea?

12. There's still a dupe glitch, i see my players getting kick by console (in red text) and more and more diamonds are being dropped on the ground, they are duping !!!

13. Offline

Fr-Human-06

I have a problem with the new version ... Indeed, the new version turns my CPU at 200% capacity (FULL). The problem is it a setting or the problem has been detected by the other?
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm French ...
    Thanks !

-----------------------------------
    Original:
    J'ai un problème avec la nouvelle version... En effet, la nouvelle version fait tourner mon processeur à 200% de sa capacité (FULL). Le problème vient-il d'un réglage ou le problème à été détécté par d'autre ?
    Merci !

14. Offline

TnT

If you can reproduce this, then you should submit a private leaky.bukkit.org ticket with how to reproduce this dupe.
    Yes. Everytime you want to report any issue with CraftBukkit you should be doing your tests without plugins.
    Did you test without plugins? (Avez-vous tester sans plugins?)

15. I dont know how to sumbit private ticket. I wrote you a private message via bukkit. Please read it, there's working dupe glitch on R4, it's a major glitch. Everything is explained, how it works, we even tested it ourselves.

16. Offline

TnT

FYI for anyone reading this, the dupe he mentioned was plugin caused. Always test without plugins when trying to track down issues. Always.

17. Offline

superpeanut911

No...More...Annoying...Dupers!
    :D

18. Offline

Deleted user

God. You keep shooting out new RB's as fast as we plugin developers can update them ._."

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I don't think anything changed between R3 and R4 for plugin devs.

Deleted user likes this.
  20. Offline

kin61

Sorry

21. Offline

Asanay

22. Offline

losdamianos

LWC Magnet dupe bug ?

23. Offline

ciulic

In this version the bugs for animals are still there, a server that I administrate.
    Bugs:
    1. Animals are dissapearing
    2. Animals breading are not working (cows, pigs, chickens and sheeps)

There is a fix for this two bugs? I think I saw you guys saying on a early version that these bugs are fixed, but there aren't.

24. Offline

TnT

You tested this without plugins, correct? My players are breeding animals on my server, so it sounds like you are running into a plugin bug.

25. Offline

spydercanopus

Sounds like you have NoLagg plugin installed.

26. Offline

ciulic

Exactly, I will test without that plugin.
    Thanks.

27. Offline

Fr-Human-06

Yes, I tested without plugins, this is the same thing :-/

28. Offline

ciulic

I think (not 100% sure) but on my local server where I do all my tests before I upload to the live one, that everything seems to be running fine. That's weird.

Still testing, I will come back with more data.

LE: on my local server (with the same plugins is working perfect)
    but on the live server it's not
    Live : Windows Xp (32) vs Local : Windows 7 (64) - could this be the difference?

29. Offline

Fr-Human-06

Ok, je ne comprends pas non plus...

30. Offline

TnT

Can you submit a private leaky ticket with how to reproduce this dupe on a CraftBukkit server, without plugins? So far, no one can reproduce this, or provide us any means of being able to reproduce this dupe.

Do not resubmit the same Youtube videos that are circling right now, they've all been proven fake, or proven to be plugin caused.

31. Offline

shinyshark

Is it really that unusual that bukkit leaves something working that you need to create a ticket if something DOES work? :7

Just trolling, Great job guys.

Sketaful likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.