CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.2 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build 1.2.3-R0.2 (#2060) that provides Minecraft 1.2.3 compatibility, fixes issues in 1.2.3-R0.1 and a critical crash exploit is now available. As always, please remember to backup your servers before updating, just in case. As this new beta does include critical fixes, updating is highly recommended.

Notable changes in this new beta include: a temporary fix for the entity interactivity issue, a critical crash exploit fix and a fix for the block transmuter exploit among many other bug fixes, improvements and changes. If you find that you can't interact with entities, try relogging back into the server.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Unless the plugin developers of your plugins have been keeping up with Bukkit development, plugins will most likely be broken due to the recent optimisation and cleaning of our code.

What is a Beta Build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

Each beta brings us closer to a recommended build. If you're eager to run a 1.2.3 server and don't mind the possibility of some bugs, try running a beta build. If you need to be sure that there will be no problems when running your server, patiently wait for a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • Entities can't be interacted with after login (vanilla issue). This build contains a temporary, hacky fix for this issue.
    • Strange chunk generation artifacts on the client. Relogging fixes this issue.
    • Enderman do not spawn when generating The End. Fixed in dev builds.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here

Download CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.2 here

2. Offline

TheXShadow2000

Um, if we have plugins that work with beta R0.1, will they work with this build?

3. Offline

tyzoid

Yes.

Good job bukkit team with the fast releases!

/me loves this new build system.

4. Offline

Kainzo

damn right

goldhaxx likes this.
  5. Offline

joudar11

And what about plugins, which are compatible with my #2034?

6. Offline

TnT

joudar11
    Try them, find out for yourself. Only you can know for sure.

7. Offline

joudar11

Yep, you're right. I will.

I just hoped somebody tell me..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. Offline

Cofet

Thank you for all your hard work Bukkit Team!

9. Offline

mindstorm55

man i love bukkit!

srry im kinda new to bukkit what build should i use

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  10. Offline

Joe.

Anyone know what the chances of having a recommend build by the end of this week is?

11. Offline

Mukrakiish

mindstorm55 Since your new and you if you want a 1.2.3 RB, then wait for the RB (don't use a dev build unless you know what your doing)

Joe. There are no ETA's don't bother asking. Just wait it out.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  12. Offline

mindstorm55

ok thank you that helps :)

13. Offline

Beldrama

I recall the previous BETA build to contain weird biomes when exploring new chunks ( Example: Mountains being chopped off to reveal a jungle). Will this still happen in 1.2.3-R0.2?

14. Offline

gameblaster64

Love the beta build system. Such a great idea, guys and gals. Thanks so much for Bukkit! Oh, and congrats on the Mojangification!

15. Offline

Zacherl

Anyone else noticed only sheeps spawning? I saw no other animal in 2 hours.

16. Offline

C_hase

17. Offline

Endall

Sorry to be kinda ignorant, but I'm a little unclear on the version stuff for Bukkit. Is there somewhere I can read about this? Like I'm seeing plugins that are 1.1-R7 (I think) and I'm reading the post up top that says people are preparing for R5. I'm not trying to be a wiseguy. I seriously don't understand it at all.

18. Offline

TnT

Endall
    1.1-R7 is the 7th recommended build for a 1.1 server.
    1.2.3-R0.2 is the second beta build for a 1.2.3 server.
    1.2.3-R0.3-SNAPSHOT is the dev builds that are being released, after the second beta, but before any new beta or Recommended Builds. Hence you can see these are neither recommended nor beta builds.

People were saying R5, as the recommended build 1.1-R5 was going to remove many old deprecated methods plugins used.

Endall likes this.
  19. Offline

Endall

Thank you much. I appreciate you taking the time to explain that. That helps a great deal. :)

20. Offline

Jaein

Thank you muchos. I am so glad this game out :')

21. Offline

Fraggle

Is that a bukkit bug:
    After installing this Dev version I can´t feed pigs. And animals seems to be able to jump over fences.

22. Version for 1.23:
    Wenn will there be a version for 1.23. A recommend build, where the pluging-maker do update their plugins for?

23. Offline

jlhscar

Hey, I just updated and I don't know if this is a client error or a plugin error. It's probably something obvious, but I'm gonna post what happened.
    Copied from console
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Sourc
    e)
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    03:36:06 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFi
    le:103)

24. Offline

azzah44100

im desperately trying to set up a server for my friends and i but i cant find a version for 1.2.3 that works on a mac computer will there be one for it or not until RB? sorry if i sound dumb but this will be my first ever server that i have set up any help will be appreciated

25. normal, but shouldn't make problems.

26. Offline

mindstorm55

Im sorry but im still a little confused on what build i should choose for now, i see dev builds beta builds and recommended builds. Any help would be very much appreciated.

27. Offline

Zacherl

Did you see any other animals than sheeps? Im missing all pigs and cows =/

28. Offline

goldhaxx

I hope the "bug fixes" will cure the fact that most of my chosen server side plugins where working.

I'm excited to test this out!
    :>

29. Offline

Noob2Pro

This is a nice release

30. Offline

eygptian

have bukkit teamed up with mohjang, or have i read the news wrong? will this meen in future updates, bukkit will work with mohjang?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.