(Craft)Bukkit server help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by cdugan, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cdugan

Hello-

New to MC and Bukkit in general..
    I have a legit (purchased) install of MC..
    and I wanted to install a local server (eventually do port forwarding to open to friends)..

I used this link as my tutorial: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server
    downloaded the craftbukkit.jar to a folder on my desktop.
    created my.bat file..and d-clicked on it.. (nothing happened)
    I changed name to match .har file I downloaded:
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.6.4-R2.0.jar -o true
    PAUSE

Here is my response in console:
    C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\CraftBukkit_new>java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.6.4-R2
    .0.jar -o true
    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\CraftBukkit_new>PAUSE
    Press any key to continue . . .

which of course hitting any key doesnt work. I searched around and found this .bat file with a fully qualified path to the .java exe file.. and it works: (after changing .jar file name to match of course)
    [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2526631-idk-how-to-fix-the-batch-file-for-my-server/]
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%""C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"-Xmx1024M-jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE
    It seemed to have worked. as the .jar file contents got extracted to the directory. But now what do I do? How do I 'start/run' the server going forward? Is there an .exe that needs to be run to start the server? How do you stop it? How do I get mods in there like world edit to help in world creation?
    Those directions seems a bit 'lacking' IMHO... any advice or suggestions is appreciated.. thanks!
    -CMD

2. Offline

cdugan

anybody? When I go to start MC and go to add a new server..

MineCraftServer (and the IP address of the machine it is installed on).. it never connects and has red x all the time?
    Do I need to start it somehow? Is d-clicking the above .bat file how to you start/run t each time? nothing after?

it also looks like the plug-in folder was empty I thought 'craftbukkit' had plug-ins installed already? (approved/working ones?) maybe I read that wrong somewhere?

anybody have some suggestions? I want to start building a custom world, and eventually port forward to let friends on as well... but for now the base install/config and being able to actually LOG ONTO IT would be a great start!

thanks in advance for legit comments/tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.