Craft-A-Creeper

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DivineKyuuji, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Offline

DivineKyuuji

I think it would be interesting to be able to craft creeper blocks. Creeper in block form! It would be the head of a creeper as a place-able block that has the same properties as a creeper. Getting close to one will make the sizzle sound, and getting even closer will blow it up. It's almost like TNT but creeperfied!

2. Offline

alta189

Requires client mod
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/read-first-what-can-plugins-do.22780/

3. Offline

DivineKyuuji

Oh, my bad. I read the title of the thread "What can plugins do?" so when I glanced at the part that said what plugins are unable to do, I thought it said what they can do.

Is it possible that a plugin could change the properties of TNT so that it would blow up when getting within a certain area? Then I would finally be motivated to create a custom texture pack for my server so players would see TNT as creeper heads.

4. Offline

ItsHarry

^ Yes, it's possible
    Not saying I can code it tho XD

5. Offline

Deleted user

Yeah, you'd need a client mod. Your best bet is to modify your favorite texture pack to have TNTs turned into Creeper heads.
    As for blowing up without being triggered - not sure how to do that.

The real question is why do you want to?
    Are normal creepers not good enough for you? xD

6. Offline

DivineKyuuji

Mainly the creeper part just for looks, but I wanted something that made a sizzle sound when getting near and then blew when you get within a certain radius, and it reminded me of a creeper.

I want to create a minefield but I don't want to have pressure plates that stick out all over the place. But others on the server liked the idea too and that's why I posted it on here.

Just thought of another idea though. CamoTNT - you would place it in the ground, surrounded by let's say sand, and when using maybe a tool that you can change in a config file it would camouflage the TNT to look like the blocks around it. Then just add the blow up within certain radius part and it's perfect. I could have a camouflaged minefield, I like that even better.