Filled Connecting server chat from 2 different hosts

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by WestnightHawk, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Offline

WestnightHawk

Hi, so I would enjoy the ability to simply connect the chat between my friend and I's server. I have looked at Bungee Cord, but that is a pretty long process and requires the whole proxy thing. I need something simple where we can just like put the IP addresses in the config file, and go. I looked at Chatflow plugin, which is a really nice plugin, but it does not work for connecting servers on different machines. If you have a simple solution for this, that allows us both to keep our hosting companies but have the ability to connect chat without another server needed to run something like Bungee Cord, I would love some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Just so you know I have googled plenty of solutions, and I have tested them, none seem to work the way I need them to.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. Offline

LiLChris

CraftIRC, is the solution I had before Bungeecord related plugins.

3. Offline

WestnightHawk

CraftIRC? How would that work out? You just connect both of the server's chat to the same irc channel?

4. Offline

greatman

Yeah something like that.

5. Offline

vgmddg

On our server we have a plugin that connects our chat to an IRC channel through a bot, so that people can connect to the IRC channel with a program like IceChat to listen to the chat without actually being in-game. (We use the CraftIRC plugin for this.)
    What happens when I start up a server on my machine for testing while the public server is up is that the bots for each server are connected to the same channel. When someone chats in one server, the the other bot picks up what the first one relays (as if it was a normal person) and ends up spitting it out to its own server. In essence, both server's chats are connected because they spit messages out to the same chat service and get gobbled up by the other bot. This is probably one way to accomplish this, though perhaps a plugin for direct communication would be cool. :)

6. Offline

WestnightHawk

Oh, ok. That is a very good idea. Thanks for telling me. I am definitely going to set that up.

It works! this is pretty awesome. I guess I can set this thread to SOLVED.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016