Solved Config

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ethan Rocks 365, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

Here is my code
    Code:
    package plugin.me.turtles;

import java.util.logging.Logger;

import org.bukkit.Bukkit;
    import org.bukkit.ChatColor;
    import org.bukkit.command.Command;
    import org.bukkit.command.CommandSender;
    import org.bukkit.entity.Player;
    import org.bukkit.event.Listener;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin;

public class turtles extends JavaPlugin implements Listener
    {   
        Logger myPluginLogger = Bukkit.getLogger();
        MyConfigManager manager;
        MyConfig WebConfig;

public void onEnable()
        {
            myPluginLogger.info(ChatColor.RED + "=====<WebSiteInfo>=====");
            myPluginLogger.warning(ChatColor.GREEN + "Enabling WebsiteInfo 1.0");
            myPluginLogger.info(ChatColor.RED + "=====<ThanksForUsing>=====");
            manager = new MyConfigManager(this);
            WebConfig = manager.getNewConfig(Config.yml);

public void onDisable()
        {

}

public boolean onCommand(CommandSender theSender, Command cmd, String commandLable, String[] args)
        {
            if(commandLable.equalsIgnoreCase("website"))
            {
                Player thePlayer = (Player)theSender;
                thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "Our website is: " + ChatColor.RED + "http://gtanetwork.enjin.com");
            }   
            return true;
        }
    }
    Here is what my config will look like: http://pastebin.com/HGAWFi6n
    What do i need to change the thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "Our website is: " + ChatColor.RED + "http://gtanetwork.enjin.com"); to set the link (gtanetwork.enjin.com) to what is in 'These'? Please Help this is my first config YML

2. Offline

Xerox262

getConfig().getString("Website");

3. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

What do i replace with that to still get the "Our WebSite Is:"

4. Offline

Xerox262

It returns a string, just concatenate them.

5. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

Thix now where do i put the config because when i load it it opens up and its blank.
    http://imgur.com/bxB3Bjk this is my files. im using eclipse

6. Offline

Xerox262

@Ethan Rocks 365 Why're you creating a config manager? Just use saveDefaultConfig(); to save the one from your jar.

7. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

Could you maybe show me how? Im sorry but im new to bukkit and this is my first config

8. Offline

teej107

9. Offline

TechBug2012

@Ethan Rocks 365
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you using TheBCBroz for tutorials? Your code looks inefficient. Pogostick29dev has some cool tutorials, including some on config files.

So, what you're trying to do is setting the "gtanetwork" link to a link specified in a config, right? You need to tell the plugin to get the data from the string list inside the config called website. It would look something like this:
    Code:
    thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.translateAlternateColorCodes('&', getConfig().
                    getString("website")));

This is similar to the example that Pogostick29dev uses in his MOTD plugin tutorial. What you're doing is this:
    ChatColor.translateAlternateColorCodes basically makes sure that the player can specify any color inside the config using &. If you want it to be hardcoded to green, you can do
    Code:
    thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + getConfig().
                    getString("website"));

getConfig().getString("website") gets the string called "website", which is set in your config.yml, and it sends the player what is specified under that string.

10. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

@TechBug2012 Thanks. Im actually using Applejuze for tutorials.

error (open)

[18:28:53 INFO]: [WebsiteInfo] Enabling WebsiteInfo v1.0
    [18:28:53 INFO]: ºc=====<WebSiteInfo>=====
    [18:28:53 WARN]: ºaEnabling WebsiteInfo 1.0
    [18:28:53 INFO]: ºc=====<ThanksForUsing>=====
    [18:28:53 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling WebsiteInfo v1.0 (Is it up to da
    te?)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The embedded resource 'config.yml' cannot be
    found in plugins\WebsiteInfoT1.jar
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.saveResource(JavaPlugin.java:252) ~
    [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.saveDefaultConfig(JavaPlugin.java:2
    39) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at plugin.me.turtles.turtles.onEnable(turtles.java:22) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[c
    raftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:332) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:404) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.jav
    a:342) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.
    java:314) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:4
    06) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:3
    70) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:3
    25) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.jav
    a:235) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java
    :504) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_71]

Code:

{ 

public void onEnable()
        {
            saveDefaultConfig();
            }

public void onDisable()
        {

}

public boolean onCommand(CommandSender theSender, Command cmd, String commandLable, String[] args)
        {
            {
                thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + getConfig().getString("Website"));
            } 
            return true;
        }
    }

The error and code are above. When i run thats what i get and I get no folder/config at all
    heres what the folder looks like in eclipse http://imgur.com/s64aRlH

[merged by moderator: please use the Edit button instead of double-posting] <--- If ur still here what merged? O nvm

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  11. Offline

TechBug2012

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The embedded resource 'config.yml' cannot be
    found in plugins\WebsiteInfoT1.jar

You created your config.yml in the wrong place. It's outside of the plugin. Delete the config.yml that you have, then right click on Name, new file, config.yml. It should be just under or just above your plugin.yml.

Also, don't cast to (Player) on thePlayer. CommandSender is a Player type, so that (Player) argument is useless.

12. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

Code:
    {
        public void onEnable()
        {
            saveDefaultConfig();
            }
        public void onDisable()
        {

}
        {
            {
                thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + getConfig().getString("Website"));
            }
            return true;
        }
    }
    The config loaded and worked properly. However when i did /website now it came out as null.
    error (open)

[18:46:27] [Server thread/INFO]: Ethan_Pszanowski issued server command: /website
    [18:46:27] [Server thread/ERROR]: Cannot load plugins\WebsiteInfo\config.yml
    org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: expected '<document start>', but found BlockMappingStart
    in 'string', line 4, column 1:
    ^

at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:57) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:226) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:169) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:180) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.reloadConfig(JavaPlugin.java:188) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.getConfig(JavaPlugin.java:162) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at plugin.me.turtles.turtles.onCommand(turtles.java:35) [WebsiteInfoT1.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:140) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:620) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1106) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:966) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:37) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:9) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_71]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_71]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:44) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:673) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:335) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:629) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:537) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserException: expected '<document start>', but found BlockMappingStart
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:225) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:158) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:143) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:108) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:120) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:450) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:369) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    ... 22 more
    [18:46:27] [Server thread/ERROR]: [WebsiteInfo] Cannot load configuration from jar
    org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: expected '<document start>', but found BlockMappingStart
    ^

at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:57) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.reloadConfig(JavaPlugin.java:214) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.getConfig(JavaPlugin.java:162) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at plugin.me.turtles.turtles.onCommand(turtles.java:35) [WebsiteInfoT1.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:140) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:620) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1106) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:966) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:37) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:9) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_71]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_71]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:44) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:673) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:335) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:629) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:537) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserException: expected '<document start>', but found BlockMappingStart
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:225) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:158) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:143) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:108) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:120) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:450) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:369) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-18fbb24]
    ... 19 more

13. Offline

TechBug2012

@Ethan Rocks 365 you copied your class as your error :p

EDIT: nevermind, you fixed it. "Website" in the config is spelled with a capital W. Java is case-sensitive. You need to either change it to a lowercase w in the config or a capital W in your code.

boomboompower likes this.
  14. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

I changed it in the code and got the same error
    So I changed it in the config. Still got the error

15. Offline

TechBug2012

@Ethan Rocks 365 they have to match. Did you also change it in the line thePlayer.sendMessage? Can I see your updated code?

16. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

Code:

{   

public void onEnable()
        {
            saveDefaultConfig();
            }

public void onDisable()
        {

}

{
            {
                thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + ("Our website is") + ChatColor.GREEN + getConfig().getString("Website"));
            }   
            return true;
        }
    }
    Udated config (open)

This is The config for webinfo v1.0 by EthanRocks365!

#Put what you want to display when /website is exicuted inside 'these'

That is all for now more comming soon in v1.1

I gtg for right now but if you can add me on skype or just keep checking back till i mark this solved

I can still messages but thats my last code sending/updating till tomarrow EDIT: sooooorrrrrryyyyyyy for double post I truly am but I'm tired and frustrated right now

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  17. Offline

boomboompower

18. Offline

JoaoBM

19. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

With this exact code its saying
    our website isnull <-- ingame message received after executing /website as a player
    Code:

{    

public void onEnable()
        {
            saveDefaultConfig();
            }

public void onDisable()
        {

}

{
            {
                thePlayer.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + ("Our website is") + ChatColor.GREEN + getConfig().getString("website"));
            }    
            return true;

config--> http://pastebin.com/dM2931nh

20. Offline

mcdorli

If you write abything other than value declarations inside a co fig, then put a # before it

Also, what's the name of the config?

21. Offline

Ethan Rocks 365

The name of the config is well config

NVM! I got it to work.
    @Xerox262 @teej107 @TechBug2012 @boomboompower @JoaoBM @mcdorli Thanks for all the help! Turns out I for got some #s in the config.yml :p #FAIL Thanks again

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.