Command block, 1.7.2 commands question

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by lucasbuck, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lucasbuck

I really hate asking this as I know the devs are working hard on things and everything is a dev build at this point. But I was wondering if I needed to change direction. I've been working for a few months building an educational server for my 5th grade students. I was waiting to setup everything with Bukkit and launch it after our winter break, so I had just stuck to world building and design. I didn't know testfor, summon, placeblock weren't implemented, and much of the interactive stuff I built uses them.

Had there been any word if those are going to come eventually? I can block off the teleports to those areas for now, but didn't know if I should start looking into another way to do the interactive stuff. Again, I know the devs are working hard so I don't want to seem like a complainer and am fine being patient. I was just thinking if those commands weren't coming I should think of something else to change those areas to.

2. Offline

Deltaboiy

If I were you I wouldn't count on it, if you can't find anything official on it then change your server design until something officially drops. Sorry, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

P.S. I find it awesome that you're making this server for your student, I wish my teachers would have done that. Good luck.

3. Offline

lucasbuck

Thanks for the compliment, the kids are excited about it. I've got teleporters set up to the educational areas so I could easily worldguard those parts. I don't mind disabling those and just letting them work in the 'town' area for a few weeks until I can open up the interactive stuff that has command blocks. My concern is if there has been any word about why they aren't implemented or if it's an issue that they can't be. I'm fine being patient, but if it's impossible to implement, I can try to figure something else out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.