Client/server player location discrepancy issues

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LEOcab, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LEOcab

I've been having problems with players thinking they're somewhere, but being somewhere else in reality. I know this was a known vanilla issue in 1.3, but I would think they fixed it by now. It usually happens to people with a bad connection to the server, for example a guy from Moscow last night. Myself and other regular players never experience this issue, so it has to be lag.

Basically, people can walk around for miles and the server thinks they're still standing at spawn. Everyone else sees them at spawn, and they only return when they relog. They report mobs not attacking them. This is similar to the effect of a "freecam" hack.

Some players only have this issue while riding boats. They can sail for kilometers, then when they get off their boat they just revert to where they started. This is VERY annoying because my server doesn't allow /tpa. People are supposed to walk and sail to get places, and people with lag can't do that. Specially my cousin in Uruguay, or my good friend in the other side of the U.S. Funny thing is a lot of Canadians and Brits play on my server and they never experience these problems, so it's weird. I used to get NoCheat warnings about the boats (lots of spam) so I could warn the players to remount, but now I don't get squat.

This could be a NoCheat issue instead of a MC/Bukkit issue. I don't know. Does anyone have any information or fixes? I'm currently running an early dev build (#2650) but I've had this issue as far back as 1.3. Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

MyPictures

Do you mean NoCheatPlus with NoCheat? There was a bug (some time ago with MC 1.4.2 or so) which caused some issues with boats but it got solved long time ago. So update your NC+ if you haven't already.

It looks like your players there get "server side kicked" means the server sends the disconnect packet but it gets lost in the internet so the client never revives it. There is no simple way to fix this, players that are experiencing issue with this should check their network connection and be sure that they don't lose any packets. The server could also have network issues which can load to this issue.

3. Offline

LEOcab

NCP. I thought NC was discontinued. I've been using NCP for months now.

I doubt it's the server side kicked thing because they can still talk, and when they get off the boat they are tp'd back to the location they were before getting on the boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.