Chunk File in Wrong Location

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Couchy99, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Couchy99

I have a minecraft bukkit server that is ran by Beastnode (meaning i cant use things like cmd) but ever few minutes on my server a message shows up in the console:
    [WARNING] Chunk file at 28,-20 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 28, -20, got 27, -18)

Other Log Errors that I also get is:
    [WARNING] Wrong location for EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/6553211, l='world', x=-4220.78, y=39.00, z=4549.70] in world 'world'!
    [WARNING] Entity is at -4220.782791592521,4549.699999988079 (chunk -264,284) but was stored in chunk -263,277
    I really have no idea what there ones mean.... but it would be great to fix them...

Then what I do is I times the coordinates by 16 (chunk size) and I type /tppos 448 100 320 (which teleports me to the chunk, Essentials plugin) and once I get there, the chunk seems to be destroyed over a completely new, regenerated biome, any idea how to fix this? (Keeping in mind that all I have access to is the server folder)
    I have seen multiple thread from about a year ago to do with this topic but they all said to use chunkster, which is no longer being updated.

The server IP is mc.playbroscraft.com and some players seem to be having this chunk error through their house, so you can just ask some of them.

P.S. If you want i would be willing to upgrade the rank of a player if someone is able to help me

Thanks so much.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

c0mp

Couchy99, definitely sounds like map corruption to me. The best way to fix those types of issues will always be with known-good backups. Since you're posting here, I'll take that as a sign that you don't have any, but should perhaps consider implementing them once you fix this. ;)

As you said, Chunkster /was/ the de facto standard in cross-your-fingers-and-run-it map fixing, but it hasn't been updated and is likely to break your maps even more. In the absence of Chunkster, you can try loading it up in MCEdit (make sure your server is *not* running and you've backed up!) You may need to just open it and save it, or you may need to use it to find whatever chunks are corrupted and delete them, forcing them to regenerate. Or, as a last-ditch effort, you can use it to save .schematic files of your important work from that map, which can later be used to import those structures into a new, corruption-free map.

Couchy99 likes this.
  3. Offline

Couchy99

Ok thanks I will give this a try, but for next time, other than a backup is there a way to prevent the world from being corrupted in the first place?

4. Offline

c0mp

Depends on what caused the corruption this time around. Your host might have had some sort of power glitch, which can corrupt the map. Certain plugins that have their hooks into the map in weird ways can sometimes cause varying levels of corruption if the plugin version was not made for your version of CraftBukkit. There are a million-and-a-half things that could have caused it. Some you may have control over, others you don't. But known-good backups are really the safest way to ensure a speedy recovery if/when it does happen again.

5. Offline

Runemoro

I was having the same problem too, essentials /killall worked.
    EDIT: It just fixes the errors, not the broken chunks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.