ChestScanner - Unique Advanced Anti-grief Plugin Concept

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by WoAyumi, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Offline

WoAyumi

"ChestsScanner"!
    (using caching, that interlally updates only on chest transaction)
    For example, you can't control all the time those x-rayers and other griefers and their lairs. But ChestScanner gives you ability to scan all the placed chests in the World1 with parameters:
    ./cs top 264 - scans all chests in the World1 and gives you top 20 list of chests, that contain most diamonds
    ./cs newtop 264 - shows most latest top 10 of chests coordinates and details about 264 item
    ./cs tp 3 - teleports you to chest #3 in list
    ./cs lock 3 - locks chest #3 in list with lockette and your nick
    ./cs jail 3 - /tjail the suspected player, that used this chest to predefined (in config) jail (need access to hawkeye database)
    ./cs take 3 264 - takes item 264 from chest #3 in list
    ./cs takeall 3 - takes all items from chest #3 in list
    ./cs value 3 - estimates transactions value of chest #3 in list (if player is fair, he's placing like dirt, cobble, other unnecessary stuff, but if player is a griefer, he's probably stashing his chests with most precious goods only) - again - hawkeye access.

I can think of some more action later.
    Please, make this plugin!

2. Offline

turt2live

I can look into it but there are issues the plugin could cause:
    • Bukkit has no "Find all chests" API so I'd have to check the world block - by - block exponentially increasing lag (or write a script that takes FOREVER to scan all the blocks so no lag is caused, but TIME is exponentially increased)
    • Some players have a "valuables" chest with chests nearby for dirt, cobble, etc. I could try to work on a script that looks for this and flags it as "valuable, but unlikely a x-rayer"
    Like I said though, I'll look into it :)

3. Offline

codename_B

Actually chests are TileEntities, so you'd just have to check chunk by chunk (considerably faster than block by block).

I did something like this a while back, though not as advanced.

4. Offline

WoAyumi

Yes chests are TileEntities. It's really easy and fast to scan them.

After that you've reassured, that there's no stacked diamond chests anymore, you can toggle to "Virtual Scan (relying hawkeye database only)" or "Physical Scan" to scan thru chunks.

5. Offline

turt2live

Good point... I'll re-work how I was going to tackle it then :)

6. Offline

WoAyumi

7. Offline

d33k40