Chests Are Eating Our Items!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jpDIV, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jpDIV

We first noticed this error about four days ago: In one of my players' vaults, there was a certain area where the chests would ignore any and all items put into them, eating them a minute or two later. To be clear, it went like this: Put items into chest -> Wait a few minutes -> Items are gone.

It's happened three times in different areas over the past few days, one of which was my vault, so I know exactly what's happening. The last time was to a chest area for someone working on a project of epic scale, and several hundred stacks of materials were lost. No idea why it's happening, and these areas seem to go away after an hour or so, which is also about the time it takes me to get around to restarting the server. So far as I've seen, restarting the server seems to end the problem in the specific location, but I can't have areas like these popping up and eating people's items anymore. Anybody heard of/experienced this?

Edit: Nothing pops up on the console log that I can find, no errors that might be related to that.

CB build: 818 (I know, I know, I've just upgraded, we'll see if it persists with 860.)
    We run a ton of plugins, but the only ones that might be affecting area-specific stuff like this would be WorldGuard, WorldEdit, and Essentials.
    Server's run on a Ubuntu 10.10 x64 homeserver, it's a dedicated machine, nothing else runs on it.
    Java -version:
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_21"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode)

2. Offline

dak393

hmm what plugins are you using most likely some interference from them (does this only affect unloaded chests? )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.