Chest shops ( a.k.a. TradeCraft )

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pudd1nG, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Offline

pudd1nG

Hello!

One feature our members and I miss very much is the chest shops TradeCraft made.

Tradecraft let admins setup chests in which users can trade blocks for gold bars (and vice versa). The transaction is between the user and the server - basically just an exchange. A favorite of mine was the ease of use; place item (or gold) in the chest and hit the sign above it, reopen the chest and viola transaction complete.

I don't mind much about user to user shops, and understand that it would be alot more work to have such functionality.

Solid donation if someone can make this happen

hmod thread - http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=1565

pudd1nG

2. Offline

Jobsti

Tradecraft is already requestet.... and I request it too! ;) (because my mall isn't functional since bukkit)

3. Offline

pudd1nG

bump! i understand its tough to work for free too, if a dev would rather work on this via a private route PM me :D
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 11:41 PM ---
    bump!
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 12:22 AM ---
    bump! this should be fairly straight forward for any developer. got $30 so far for whoever can make this happen.

4. Offline

azoundria

I absolutely NEED TradeCraft. It is the only thing missing from a perfect server. If someone can build this, I will name a town on our server in their honour.

5. Offline

darknesschaos

I can do something similar, but it wont use chests (due to lack of chest hooks I believe). Instead just signs. I will look into it later.

6. Offline

PeterPAwN

tradecraaaft :(

7. Offline

Shadowsquire

Indeed

8. Offline

Vaupell

at must - bump ;D

9. I'd be forever grateful if somebody would make TradeCraft for Bukkit. [​IMG]

I don't like those other plugins where you need commands, signs, more than 1 chest and like 4 signs above it >.>

Perhaps I'll even consider making a small donation to the person who manages to do it. ;)

10. Offline

Waphlez

Finally decided to switch over to bukkit, and I would love to see TradeCraft or a substitute be created.

11. Offline

Nohup

Check out my Philospher's Box plug-in, from what I hear it is pretty close. The only thing I have seen in the demos is that they limit you to one type per box where mine has a scrollable selection for conversions...

12. Offline

mjmr89

I decided I'll give this a try, I'm going to directly port the TradeCraft source to Bukkit, and that's pretty much done, but I need to quickly learn how to do permissions and all, but other than that I'm just about to test a basic version of it. Basically all of the plugin will give credit to jdiamond, as he is the original author and I'm just changing some stuff and importing things for Bukkit.

Edit: So far, I've got infinite and personal shops working (well, personal haven't been fully tested as im the only one on my server). No permissions yet, and the config files are a bit wonky as I can barely follow what the original author did. Unfortunately, he was NOT a fan of comments :(.

13. Offline

ickykid94

@mjmr89, if you can get TradeCraft working with Bukkit, you will not only be my hero, but you will probably be the hero of hundreds if not thousands of Minecraft Traders. :D

14. Offline

Littlericket

bump, we all need TradeCraft again :)

15. Offline

mjmr89

I'm basically just waiting on the say so of the original author. I'm also working on integration with Permissions, but right now its basically so that ops can make shops, everyone can buy or sell. I guess I should ask, what should there be permissions for? I think the original had permissions for: buying, selling, making a personal shop, making an infinite shop. Any other suggestions?

16. Offline

Littlericket

Probaly add Destroying/Removing

17. Offline

mjmr89

Ah, I think i forgot that those are also in the original app.

18. Offline

Littlericket

Well, whats going on? When will it be released?

19. Offline

mjmr89

Sorry, I've been a bit busy with stuff in real life. Today I'm trying to get Permissions support in. Even if I finish today though, I'm waiting for the original author to reply to my email. Sorry it's taking so long, I know people are waiting for this.

20. Offline

Newah

Dude, we need Tradecraft! [​IMG]

21. Offline

mjmr89

Ask and ye shall receive.

TradeCraft

It's not fully tested with permissions, and I haven't been able to see how personal shops do with people other than their owners (only me on my test server here) but I don't see why they shouldn't work.

22. Offline

Jacob Clayton

Bring on Tradecraft! =) I am just switching to Bukkit today and am glad to see someone already working on this.