Chat stream plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Splox982, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Splox982

Does anyone know of a plugin which would allow me to stream the chat from the server to a webpage?
    For example: I am currently working on a very basic webpage which has information for the server on it.
    www.sl8rnation.net/minecraft

I would like to have a live or "short-delay" chat stream on that page.

Any ideas?

2. Offline

TnT

No, but if you find one I'm interested in it too, now that you mention it. :)

3. Offline

Splox982

i shall be on the lookout... or is this my calling for writing a plugin haha

4. Offline

DerpinLlama

5. Offline

mjmr89

Why not just use the PLAYER_CHAT event and use getMessage on each event object and send it where you want it to go?

6. Offline

Splox982

Thanks Ill poke around your plugin and see if I can possibly get it to do what I want.
    I understand that but my thing is java is one thing I haven't dove into yet.... i have learned PHP, HTML, all the webstuff except javascript and java haha. Dont know if im ready to take on the task of plugin development.

Thanks!

7. Offline

DerpinLlama

Well the idea is that you log in, then it tells you when someone chats, joins the server, or disconnects from the server.

8. Offline

croxis

You could use BigBrother, log chats to database, then read the database. This isn't the most efficient method though

9. Offline

Splox982

Your genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.