Inactive [CHAT] ChannelChat v0.6 beta - Dynamic, LightWeight, Simple Chat Channels [1.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by feildmaster, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

feildmaster

ChannelChat v0.6 beta
    Dynamic, Light Weight, Simple Chat Channels​

Features:
    Look at the ProjectPage.

Tag Examples (open)
    Base format: <name> message
    Channel will be "Global" to keep it simple

no tag: [Global] <name> message

tag '[g]': [g] <name> message

tag 'g': g <name> message

Using Colors:

tag '`1g': g <name> message

tag '`1[g]': [g] <name> message

tag '[`1g`f]': [g] <name> message

Using Factions:
    no tag: [faction Global] <name> message

tag '[g][{FACTION}]': [g][faction tag here] <name> message

"Secret" World Tag:
    tag: '{world}': [WorldNameHere] <name> message

afistofirony, Zynastor and CubieX like this.
  2. Offline

feildmaster

@Katorone and Maddogs : Permissions will indeed be added as a module. In fact, the plugin already supports a system you are suggesting. It just hasn't been coded. + @RustyDagger :

A lot of the permissions haven't been made because I want to allow the owner of the channel to be able to specify all data themselves. I'll add some basic functionality for channel permissions for now until I get the entire system worked out and coded.

3. Offline

Maddogs

Thank you. I will check this thread each day to see if the permissions have been added, and will donate £10 to help the cause once it is finally done. Just there to help. :)

4. Offline

feildmaster

Each day is a bit much! It will be at least a week more before I do any coding to channel chat, as I am doing Residences (and ResidenceSigns) at the moment.

5. Offline

shanko

you should add a way to have players autojoin a chat when they enter a worldgaurd region and leave it when they leave the region :p

6. Offline

feildmaster

Released ChannelTap, the first module that's not a custom channel!

It allows you to tap into players/channels to get any messages you would normally not receive. (Also gives you an informative tag)

7. Offline

Michael_Lee

Is there a possibility of a WorldGuard module? What I'm thinking about is something similar to MMORPG chat systems. When you enter a WorldGuard region, you enter that region's chat channel; when you leave that region, you either enter another region's channel or a defined global/wilderness channel. WorldGuard defined cities and towns would have separate channels and any non-developed wilderness areas would have a separate channel.

8. Offline

Kipperlenny

Is it possible to give the admins and moderators different colors?

9. Offline

feildmaster

I've had that idea in the backburners for a while... Something I've always thought was interesting. Of course, with all the modules and little time I have, I wont be making it anytime soon unless i get the inspiration for it.

That would need a chat formatting plugin of some sort. I do not format anything in channelchat besides the channel tag.

Kipperlenny likes this.
  10. Offline

Nathan C

It seems even non-OP's can quick create channels, even though the permissions don't allow it.

11. Offline

feildmaster

Going to need more info. Do you use pex? Where did you modify the permission? What version of ChannelChat?....

12. Offline

Nathan C

Using:
    Permissions 3.0
    Ichat
    ChannelChat V.5 Beta
    CB 1535 1.0

I have not entered no permission nodes, it just allows them to create their own channel without any permissions.

I mean, it is not a big issue, but I could see it be detrimental to the servers performance if, say a spammer was able to figure this out.

13. Offline

feildmaster

The permissions allow creation of channels by default... and I dare you to try breaking your server by creating too many channels. ;)

14. Offline

BioRage

Hey Feild, was wondering when you had time to make the Private-Message system!

CommandBook could get the boot :)

15. Offline

feildmaster

On December 4th 2011, I, Feildmaster, had my computer die on me. read more

16. Offline

BioRage

Hope everything get's fixed!

17. Offline

rskelhorn

@fieldmaster hope you get it figured out.

And, I'm loving this plugin. It is the best working channel plugin I've tried and it works very well on our server. You rock bud.

18. Offline

darkwarriors

work well on 1.0.0 hope when u come back u will add some fetures!

19. Offline

feildmaster

@BioRage @rskelhorn @darkwarriors

I have more or less fixed everything. I'm working on Residence at the moment.

I am glad to hear it is working on the new RB, since I didn't really want to give it any small changes.... and crap i deleted some files. crap crap crap... I thought I pushed to github. gosh darnit.

20. Offline

darkwarriors

possibility to add that when u leave channel u are automatically join local channel or auto-join channel?

and another:
    /chat add player is avaible without permissions? so every player can force join everyone?
    there isent a command that force leave and force deactive player to a channel?

can we change prefix to chat display beacuse with factions is [**factionsnam channelname] could make some confusion to players

21. Offline

feildmaster

Please expand on that, and please remember that one of the key features I want is the "ability to leave all channels."

22. Offline

darkwarriors

ya when u type /chat leave u automatically join default channel in config file ( auto-join) when u type chat leave all u are in non-channel.

maybe the last question on chat prefix channel format is the most important nowatime

23. Offline

BioRage

Just one tiny thing; you can't change the chat colour.

`1[g]`1 doesn't work example; but the color of the tag does;

[`7Local]

OFF:

Glad your pc got fixed :)

24. Offline

feildmaster

I know you can't change the chat color. I forced it like that by design. :)
    https://github.com/ChannelChat/Chan...dmaster/channelchat/channel/Channel.java#L106 <- Notice ChatColor.White at the end. (To prevent changing color past the tag)

25. Offline

BioRage

Ah I see, the only thing I don't like about it is because it can be hard to tell at times with an abundance of user's typing in the same color chat; "Global, Local, OOC!"

Thus why I requested it :); the option to for user's to choose between [`1xxx]`1:

26. Offline

feildmaster

One of the modules will have the ability to color channel text. :)

27. Offline

rmb938

Finally a good chat plugin the works nicely with my server. Anyway can you add some sort of cooldown to the channels and a permissions to ignore it?

So say I want my default group to talk in the global channel only once every minute but I want my donator group to have a permissions to override that limit so they can talk as much as they want in global.

28. Offline

feildmaster

Can easily make a module for this... ;)

29. Offline

rmb938

How would you go about that. I don't see any info about a API.

30. Offline

feildmaster

Because I suck at documenting. ^^

Nathan C likes this.
  31. Offline

rmb938

haha alright well I'll try and figure it out then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.