Solved **** Change gamemode within a world **REALLY IMPORTANT**

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pr0xyhacker, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pr0xyhacker

I have one part of my world "world" that is very deep underground. It is so deep, that when you look around, everything is dark even if I have glowstone and torches everywhere. The only way that I have been able to fix this, is to change the gamemode to creative. The only problem is that I am not going to change everyone's gamemode to creative that goes down there and I need to find a way that you can make one area of a survival world creative, but then when you leave that area it turns back to survival. Alternatively, if anyone knows how to make it so when you go very deep into a world it does not become very dark and stuff flying around everywhere that would be very helpful. My server is server.thecastleminecraft.tk. Thank you

It would even be helpful also if anyone knows how to make it so when you go into one world that is creative and then go back to a world that is survival, you cannot bring any objects between the two worlds.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

frdmn

Take a look at WorldGuard. You can create a region and set the gamemode-flag to creative.

3. Offline

pr0xyhacker

Sorry about double posting, but in WorldGuard if I go into worlds/world/regions.yml there is no gamemode flag so do I have to create on and what should it look like?

4. Offline

frdmn

You don't need to set it via editing the file.

Do the following:
    1. go in game
    2. make a selection with WorldEdit
    3. Type "/region define <nameofthecreativeregion> <your-ingame-name>
    4. Type "/region flag <nameofthecreativeregion> gamemode survival"
    done! :)
    - frdmn

5. Offline

Micro5

I'm going to make a quick youtube video to help you out :)

6. Offline

pr0xyhacker

Thank you so much ill defiantly try that! The only other problem I have is that I have the PlotMe plugin and Multiverse and I want to make PlotWorld creative and I know how to do that in multiverse, but I do not want people to be able to make items in PlotWorld and bring them back to the normal world. Do you know if theres any way to do this?

Micro5 thank you for that but if your just making it for me I think frdmn's instructions were good enough.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

frdmn

Type "/mvm set gamemode crative" to change the worlds game mode.

Then you can use WorldGuard to deny specific items to be placed in that world.

8. Offline

pr0xyhacker

Yes but do you know if there is a way that no items can be transfered between the two worlds. Kind of like survival games?

9. Offline

frdmn

Yes. Install the addition Multiverse-Inventories. That's what you need ;)

10. Offline

pr0xyhacker

I tried this and it says
    and then it gives me a list of avaliable flags

Does anyone know anything about the above error?????

11. Offline

frdmn

Dude! Be patient!

Just tried successfully to set that flag on my server. Try "game-mode" instead of "gamemode".

12. Offline

pr0xyhacker

Dude, how often do you update your worldguard? I guess I was running WorldGuard 5.5.2 and WorldGuard 5.5.3 (which came out 8 hours ago) is the first one to support the game-mode flag. Thank you so much though. I updated my worldguard and it worked great and multiverse-inventories is also working perfectly. :)[diamond]:)

13. Offline

frdmn

Then you had probably a freaking old version in use. I can do that since about half a year :D

Anyway, glad that i could help.

- frdmn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.