Solved Change Enchant description

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by leStqts, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

leStqts

Hi, I have a problem here when I use Tim the Enchanter,
    whenever the enchantment is higher than 10,
    the message will show up as:
    fortune.enchantment.11, I will like to change it to Fortune 11, I searched for help but seems like no one's up to that.

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@leStqts
    This is client side. You can modify it with a server side resource pack though. I lost the tutorial but it went like this:
    1. Make a custom Language file for your resource pack or override the default one. I have no clue how this works.
    2. Inside the default lang file are these lines:
      Code:
      enchantment.level.1=I
      enchantment.level.2=II
      enchantment.level.3=III
      enchantment.level.4=IV
      enchantment.level.5=V
      enchantment.level.6=VI
      enchantment.level.7=VII
      enchantment.level.8=VIII
      enchantment.level.9=IX
      enchantment.level.10=X
      If you add these to your new lang file and expand them, it will display the enchantment levels as what you enter there. So just continue this shema until level 1000 or so and it will display the enchantments correctly.

3. Offline

leStqts

@I Al Istannen thanks for helping!
    If i used a resource pack for it, will the resource pack visible in the log?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@leStqts
    Not quite sure what you mean.
    The player can accept the server resource pack or deny it, I don't know what your question is.

5. Offline

I Al Istannen

@bwfcwalshy
    That works totally different though, and only for versions with the HIDE_ENCHANTMENTS attribute. Which probably all have by now.

But a quick question, how do you keep the lore in sync? When using anvils or using plugins to remove the enchantment? This wouldn't be a problem if you used the language file.

If this works, it will probably be easier for @leStqts to use your plugin.

6. @I Al Istannen Other plugins wouldnt be a problem because it will just update again if it sees a change. A language file is a way to do it but then you also have the issue of having to make people use a resource pack and they will be against that even if it is a tiny change even if it's just to the language file.

7. Offline

I Al Istannen

@bwfcwalshy
    Ah, it updates on Interact. Though it replaces any lore the item might have, which could be a drawback. Might want to fix that ;)
    And it doesn't display in Roman Numerals, but normal arabic ones, but I just see he requested that... :p

I made a random Lore plugin (with Rayzr) which updates on Interact, InventoryClick and Pickup and it seems to work fine. Just Interact may be a bit strange at first, but will work too.

If you distribute a resource pack anyways, you can change it there, else I agree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.