"Cant keep up!" Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by NorcNorc, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NorcNorc

Heres a basic log.

2011-07-11 17:35:47 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:36:02 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:36:13 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:36:18 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:36:36 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:36:58 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:38:08 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-07-11 17:40:02 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

This happens about 5 minutes into launching the run.bat file. In game, eveyrone on the server gets massive amounts of lag (recently placed blocks disappear, recently destroyed blocks reappear).

Here is a list of my plugins:

Citizens
    Commandbook
    Localshops
    A random MOTD plugin
    Permissions (of course)
    TravelPortals
    Movecraft
    Multiverse (I have 3 worlds, 1 of which has nether)
    iConomy
    PvPArena

I use a Hamachi network which hold the majority of players.
    I use a Windows Vista 4GB Computer
    I am using build 953

2. Offline

paully104

How much ram do you have on your server? How many players do you have? a good rule of thumb is a gig per 8-10 people.

3. Offline

NorcNorc

i can have anywhere between 4-6 people online at once

how do I check my ram of my server?

My computer ram is 4GB

bumped :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

vapid2323

Get a SSD and you will see that message go away.

Minecraft requires a ton of I/O

5. Offline

NorcNorc

Sorry im really confused... i have no idea what an SSD is or what I/O is. Can you please explain?
    Thank you

6. Offline

Thomas1907

7. Offline

TheMadMan697

your server will get this error no matter how powerfull it is. even with an ssd. just ignore it or use plugin to get rid of it. however if its lagging then you might have a problem and u might need to let minecraft user more ram or perhaps the cpu is overloaded. the lag could also be your network speed. what upload speed is your interent ?

4 to 6 players you should prob have at least 2 Mb upload but u might get away with 1 Mb if people are not generating new land a lot.

8. Offline

alta189

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    ignore it, its not important, there are plugins that block this message from spamming the console

9. Offline

ImminentFate

Go into your run.bat file and increase the amount of ram the server can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.