Can you help me debug my plugin on someone else's server :P?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by LRFLEW, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LRFLEW

I am the creator of plugins PvP Control and Unknown Command. I have tested my plugins, and they seemed to work well together, but on the server yuancity.zapto.org, the command /pvp returns "Unknown Command". I have tried to see if I can replicate it, but with the latest build, I can't get it to happen. I was wondering if some build within the 400+ range that had issues with onPlayerCommand() (I am working on implementing onCommand(), but it's not ready yet). If not, I'll talk to the admin, but I was wondering if there was something I didn't know.

2. Offline

darknesschaos

dont use onPlayerCommand, afik it has been depreciated. Use the onCommand feature that has been added recently. and to keep commands only from players just do:
    if(!(sender instanceof player))
    return false; //or true if you want.

edit:
    hmm, I cannot see the source of unknown command. What is it's priority? pvp priority?

3. Offline

Plague

It's not deprecated, it just lacks a few features (more sources and help I think).

Also do NOT just return false when sender is not a player, there is a thread about it from the devs, because the sender can be a WWW server...

4. Offline

darknesschaos

I return false if the plugin has nothing to do with non-players.

5. Offline

LRFLEW

It's at the ONE download link. PvP Control's commands use NORMAL while Unknown Command uses MONITOR (like it should).

Where is it? I want to make sure my update that uses onCommand() uses it right, and I was planning on doing basically what darknesschaos said, only differently.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Offline

Plague

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.