Can I do this with Bukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Levi Kornelsen, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Levi Kornelsen

I have a server that runs in Adventure mode mainly, with a few players in creative to build more stuff. I'd like to change Adventure mode so you can't break any blocks at all, but can still mess with machinery (press buttons, stand on plates, that kind of thing).

Can this be done with bukkit & some relatively simple plugin? I don't have bukkit at all, yet, so I'm kind of wandering in from the rain to ask.

(Speaking of: I also wouldn't mind shutting off weather permanently, as a side thing).

2. Offline

Jamesthatguy

WorldGuard to toggle weather and if I am not mistaken, I believe people CAN press buttons in adventure mode.

3. Offline

Levi Kornelsen

They can press buttons, yes.

But they can also break them, in adventure mode. And torches, and a few other things. And I don't want them to be able to do that.

(Although: Worldguard for weather! Excellent!)

4. Offline

Jamesthatguy

WorldGuard can also be used to dent block breaking. /region __global__ build deny

5. Offline

Levi Kornelsen

Sweet! Okay, so:

I grab WorldGuard (and I can, easily - my server host will auto-install). Then I globally turned off building, changing that global setting. So, now adventurers can't break anything (AWESOME).

Now, let's say that after that, a regular user gets switched to creative mode. Could that player still build properly? Or would they need to get permissions added, op status, some other thing?

EDIT: Been doing a bit of reading:

If they couldn't build in creative, would "/region __global__ addowner <ThatPlayer>" get them around it?

Would permission "worldguard.region.bypass"? Is there a basic command that's basically "/givepermission" anywhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.