Can i copy a place and paste in other world?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Racha, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Racha

Hello, I want to start a new world on my server but spawn is really cool and i dont want to rebuild it.. can I somehow copy spawn and paste it on new world? And I need to delete player items from inventory.. help me pelase :)

2. Offline

Pezmantbh

I can help you with half of your problem - To delete a players inventory, go to the world folder, then delete all files that are in the players folder.

For the other half of the problem, I don't know so I will leave it to someone else who might know :)

edit: 200th post :)

3. Offline

TnT

Delete the player.dat files and you've wiped their inventory.

As for re-using spawn, there are plugins that let you do that sort of thing. However, a fresh world almost always functions better.
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 11:44 PM ---
    Pfft, talk to me when you reach 600.

I don't think there is anyone else on these forums with more than me, but I could be wrong.

4. Offline

Racha

Thanks, waiting for good news about the spawn... I dont want to run in my serever and just delete players houses.. ;///

5. Offline

Pezmantbh

6. Offline

Racha

Why does it function better? I could make a new world, but i need the spawn area... ;///
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 11:47 PM ---
    Maybe they can, but anybody know witch can do it? Just copy the spawn and place it on a new world...

7. Offline

TnT

What you are looking for is a program that will copy the chunks of world you need. I know there are plugins that do that (WorldEdit comes to mind).

I just find there always seems to be weird stuff that happens when you copy pieces of your world. However, that being said, you'll know best if you get away with it or not. The function wouldn't be there if it didn't work.

8. Offline

Racha

I think with worldedit I cant copy it to other world.

9. Offline

TnT

10. Offline

mughi

/me creates a thread and starts talking to himself .. 10000, here i come :)
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 12:41 AM ---
    I have used world edit for this when we lost a world due to corruption in a specific area and had to fall back to a previous version.

i haven't tried copying water / lava yet with world edit.. i know cuboid (hmod plugin) had an issue with turning flowing water into standing (which completely borks mob towers)

things to watch for: sign text, liquids, ladders, and torches.. i think ladders and torches work

edit:
    i read your statement wrong and thought you said you CAN copy.. now i'm not positive.. will test and update
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 1:15 AM ---
    verified.. worldedit can transfer data between worlds

(actually, i think you can save an entire chunk and do this, but not sure).

I had a saved schematic (worldedit name for saved stuff), i copied it from the /schematics folder on one server to that folder on another. then i went to the other and loaded/pasted it. worked fine.

1. server 1: define selection
    2. server 1: //save selectionname
    3. copy selectionname file from schematics on server 1 to schematics on server 2
    4. server 2: //load selectionname
    5. server 2: //paste

defining and pasting selections takes some practice.. more info here: http://www.sk89q.com/projects/worldedit/
    NOTE the requirements for version numbers...

also.. in your case, i realize that you just wanted to nuke your world and start over.. in which case, you shouldn't have to worry about copying the schematic file..
    i would take the current world, save the schematic. stop the server. then rename the world folder and restart the server. this will create a new world folder. once you have a world you like, load and paste the schematic.

11. Offline

Racha

Thanks I will try to do this now :)

12. Offline

Daimon761

Mughi: copy selectionname file from schematics on server 1 to schematics on server 2
    Where would the file schematics be located?

13. Offline

BorderKeeper

If you wan't to copy something from your local world or your server you need to paste .schematic into worldedit folder in the target server. There's no way copying something without having access to target worldedit folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.