Bukkits permissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lionhard, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everybody,

I just saw that the permissions from bukkit don't work. Does someone know how to let them work, or maybe know that they have been changed, but not updated here? I tried 3 different permissions plugins, bPermissions, PEX and permissionsBukkit, I was going to try out GroupManager too, but I don't liked it. Then, I tried other permissions they all worked, also with superPerms (I have created 1 permission node for many child nodes), but the bukkit's permissions do not. I tried already bukkit.command.me, bukkit.me, nothing works. Does someone know a solution, please?

Thanks in advance, Lionhard98

2. Offline

Survivzor

working fine here, using Dev build 2978

what version are you on?

3. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Lionhard
    You are setting up your file wrong. Looks like you need to learn again.

4. HelpfulBeast How you know that I'm setting it up wrong, lol? :D

HelpfulBeast every single permission works, just not those from bukkit.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Lionhard
    If the plugin is breaking, you are obviously doing something. Can you post a startup log for me? I want to check for errors.

Lionhard
    Bukkit permissions are formatted like this:

bukkit.command.<command> Like:
    bukkit.command.op

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. HelpfulBeast You must missunderstood me, It's not a plugin which permissions won't work, it's bukkit itself. 0 Errors, I did use jsut with Permissions and essentials installed, so I can try other plugins. Now I have ~15 Plugins, ALL permissions works fine, even with Bukkit's superPerms (Using PEX), just the bukkit's permissions don't work.

7. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Lionhard
    You are trying to use the built in permissions?

8. HelpfulBeast exactly, that is also how I use them as I mentioned as I created the thread.

9. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Lionhard
    That isn't recommended at all. Use a plugin to do so. It is simpler, easier, and more convenient.

10. HelpfulBeast No, I use superPerms to create one parent permission for more child permissions, again, like mentioned as I created the thread.

HelpfulBeast " (Using PEX)" I do.

HelpfulBeast
    Here is an example:
    Code:
    groups:
      default:
        default: true
        prefix: '(prefix)'
        permissions:
        - bukkit.command.me
        - essentials.bigtree
    essentials bigtree command worked, bukkits /me command didnt. Tried it also with weather, op, gamemode....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.