Bukkit Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Outcast61, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Outcast61

If anyone is looking for help with bukkit and plugins or just setting up permissions. Send me a message and I can set it all up for you at an affordable rate. Many people have already asked me for helped and I successfully set up exactly what they wanted and how they wanted it. And their servers are still running perfectly fine just like a professional server should. So just send me a PM and i'll do whatever you need in a short time at an affordable rate. Thanks :)

2. Offline

Poe

hey is there a way to keep servers up almost 24/7 without leaving your computer on? I tried sleep mode and it doesnt seem to work...any suggeestions? I dont want to leave my computer on because it will burn out and it going automatically into sleep mode after half a hour anyway...please help

3. Offline

Outcast61

No. You have to have your computer in the on state for it to work. But there are plugins that automatically restart your server to reduce lag buildup. I use rtoolkit. Hope this helped.

4. Offline

vapid2323

Sorry to butt in, what on earth makes you think it will burn out? Most any modern computers that are used as a server can be left on for weeks at a time. Not saying its the best practice but its not going to "burn out", overclocking has a ill effect possibly but not just running your computer in a normal operating mode.

As to your question, your computer will need to be on in order to work, kinda the same thing as a car, your not going to get very far if its off.

EDIT: Also to clarify I was talking about hardware not software, he is correct about restarting the Bukkit server, that should really be done about ever 24hours.

5. Offline

Outcast61

But it also depends on the host and amount of people on the server. And another variable would be bukkit's stability on that build. I restart my server every 6 hours. With 3 people on a home laptop lol.

6. Offline

Poe

kk ill turn screensavers off and see if that works to just keep the desktop showing with the server running

7. Offline

vapid2323

I would leave the screen savers on, but change the power settings on the computer so it never sleeps. This way your monitors turn off at night but the computer stays on.

8. Offline

Poe

how? i left it on and the server connection reset after like half a hour with no screensaver...ill change power settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.