Bukkit has finally ate someone's cake (Mine)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Hohahihehu, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hohahihehu

I am trying to turn a block into cake via bukkit and... well.. bukkit eats 87.5% of it. The cake only spawns with 1 slice. What can I do to fix it?

Example of the code in question: http://pastebin.com/RqbHCidV

2. Offline

paletas

I'm having a hard time to decipher where you're turning the block into a cake, you should use the Material enum available in the API, it increases the readability of your code.

3. Offline

Snowl

You need to set it with a different amount of damage (I think).

4. Offline

Mixcoatl

I suspect it may have something to do with the block data. But I'm not certain what the data values are supposed to be for the a cake block. I suppose, if you were really interested, you could write some code to split out the block data for the cake block as you interact with it.

5. Offline

Hohahihehu

The problem is that the data value for a full cake is 0, which should be what it spawns with, but it isn't a full cake.

6. Offline

darknesschaos

look at my voidmage code, the cakewalk spawns perfect cake (a few too many though) :D

7. Offline

Hohahihehu

That's exactly how I do it, setting the type id to 92. I guess bukkit actually is eating my cake O_O

8. Offline

darknesschaos

lol, bukkit is low on health apparently.

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  9. Offline

Mixcoatl

As an experiment you could try explicitly setting the block's data to a known value. Pick something you can test for, like four or six.

10. Offline

R3ality

It's been a while since the last post in here so the OP might have solved it already. But I was testing some other stuff and happened to stumble upon a solution for this..

The cake block's data needs to be set to Byte 0 (zero). Or anything up to 6 (0 = a complete cake, 6 = one slice left)

So reverting to the code OP had:
    Code:
    Block block = world.getBlockAt(cx, cy, cz);
    block.setTypeId(92);
    ..changing it to:
    Code:
    Block block = world.getBlockAt(cx, cy, cz);
    block.setTypeId(92);
    b.setData(Byte.valueOf("0"));
    ..should fix the problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.