Bukkit 1.8?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WaterBendingDragon, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am an owner of a MCProHosting bukkit server that is currently running on CB 1.7.2 even though Vanilla 1.8 came out close to a month ago. My players are very fond of the new features to Vanilla 1.8, and are leaving my server in favor of vanilla servers that are running on the server jar that Mojang provides for us. Now my question is, what is going to happen to bukkit?

I've read all of the forum posts about the bukkit developers leaving because Mojang bought bukkit. And then I hear about Mojang being bought by Microsoft! Also, I haven't heard DinnerBone tweet anything about the bukkit project in a long wile. This concerns me, because what will happen to thousands of servers out there if they are restricted to staying on 1.7? Will Mojang continue to update bukkit for 1.8 and other future versions of Minecraft? I tried to ask DinnerBone myself via twitter, but to no avail.

Thank you all in advance and I hope you can find an answer to this question.

- WaterBendingDragon

2. Offline

Skionz

WaterBendingDragon
    1. Nobody knows look at the other 100 threads
    2. You don't need to add "- WaterBendingDragon" to the end of your post. Your name is at the top of your post.

3. Jeez did you have to add that last part... Talk about rude.

4. Offline

Skionz

5. Appology accepted

6. Offline

AGC-Intra

Educating someone is rude?
    I guess this response is rude too.

- AGC-Intra :D lol

As to all those poor dieing servers.... about time. So many ill-managed, copy-cat, and pay-to-win BS out there perhaps this issue will thin them out. Maybe some of them will learn how to do a few things on their own instead of always bugging others to hurry up.
    It was lack of plugin support and updating that got me into Java. :)

7. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.