"Bukkit 1.2", "Residence" and "Towny" not to lose everything built (for future)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lummox, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I have a question, to avoid problems in the future.

Right now I have version 1.1 of bukkit, with several plugins, among which are the Towny and residence.
    As you may have to update to 1.2, to generate the jungle biome, what would be the best way to regenerate the map, but without losing my cities and homes and residences Towny created?, Without losing everything built.

I do not want to upgrade, you lose all the work we did.

Thanks and best regards.

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

mcedit I guess...

3. Offline

Ice_Sword

Yep, or another map editor. Or use something like WorldEdit to save everything manually. Make sure you back the server up. :rolleyes:

4. And how do I leave everything in the same exact position?.

Thanks for the help.

5. Offline

samp20

You'll probably have to generate a new world at some point, you've just got to try and fit your existing buildings around the new terrain. Getting the buildings in the exact same position isn't going to be possible, but I'm sure you can get them close enough. Are you a server owner? It might be worth asking if your players really want to keep all of their buildings, or just keep a few of the bigger/better ones. Transferring them to a new world isn't going to be an easy task.

Alternatively you can generate chunks as fas as you think you're going to need for your world, then use a plugin such as WorldBorder (I believe that's the correct name) to stop players generating more outside that area.

6. Offline

cosmicjelly

you can get the plugin SideKick and put the map folder in the new server folder then in-game you can type /worldgen normal <mapname> and it will generate the map on the server in a different world that you can get to by typeing /goto <worldname> and then just /setwarp <warpname>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.