bPermissions, no permissions in nether?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FTOtter, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FTOtter

I am using bPermissions, and I'm having an issue where a user went to the nether and got stuck there, because they have no permissions for the nether. I assume this is because of something I overlooked when setting up permissions, but I'm not finding much help via Google.

Pastebin of world groups.yml.

Do I need to just paste that into the world-nether file? (And I guess the world-the-end folder too?)

2. Offline

FTOtter

Bumping... somebody has to know the answer to this....

3. Offline

JaguarJo

I haven't used bPermissions before, so the only suggestions I can have are coming from looking at the documentation pages. It looks like there should be an options in your config file to use-global-files: true/false.

There are also comments about adding world mirroring using this format:
    Code:
    world_nether: world
    world_the_end: world
    but I can't find which file the mirroring actually goes in. Oops, nvm, found it on the older version of the description:
    Code:
    World mirroring

World mirroring is easy to setup and very flexible in bPermissions. It simply involves adding some lines to config.yml config.yml Add these lines.

mirrors:
        worldtomirrorto: worldtomirrorfrom

Where worldtomirrorto is the world that you want to be mirrored (ie the file for that world will never be created as it will instead use the file of worldtomirrorfrom).
    So it looks like you just add those lines in at the end of your config file and then mirroring should work. Good luck!

4. Offline

FTOtter

JaguarJo Thanks for the reply, I found the mirroring thing out myself and I already had the global set to true. I am actually starting to think the plugin has become critically broken and abandoned, because I'm seeing many ticket for this plugin that are the same or similar to the issue I am having, and it looks like the team has not responded to anyone since early September :(. It's starting to look like I am going to have to find anther perms plugin and start all over. Thanks very much for trying to help me though, I really appreciate it.

5. Offline

JaguarJo

FTOtter Sorry to hear that it isn't working. If you're going to switch plugins, I'd recommend either GroupManager or PermissionsEx. They're both formatted a little differently but essentially do the same things. And since a lot of people use them, you should have a much easier time getting help here on the forums if you have any issues.

6. Offline

FTOtter

@JaguarJo Awesome, thanks for the recommendations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.