Block break lag, intense with lots of players on

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Odjit, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Odjit

Sticky Info Request (open)
    Linux jadonmc.dallas-idc.com 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5.centos.plus #1 SMP Tue Oct 26 04:07:11 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.6.0_22"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)

No wrapper.

CB 559

java -Xms6000M -Xmx6000M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui

WorldEdit 4.2
    Command Book 1.2 Customized (No tp or spawn functions)
    Help v0.2
    TelePlusPlus 1.2
    SpawnControl v0.7
    BigBrother 1.7.1
    MyWarp v1.10.3
    Parties v1.1
    Vanish v 1.5
    iChat 2.11
    Permissions 2.5.4
    AfkBooter v0.6.1
    KiwiAdmin v1.2
    NoCheat v0.7.4
    BorderGuardLite 2.20
    Cleaner v1.8
    SignEdit v1.4.5
    MyHome v1.9.3
    MobRider v0.2
    iConomy 4.5.5
    CraftIRC v2.0
    HeroicRebuke v1.24
    HeroicDeath v1.6.1
    Citizens v1.06
    CreativeStick v0.5.4
    SimpleBan 1.3
    Honeypot
    PermissionsPlus v1.1
    MidiBanks 1.2
    HeroBounty 1.7.1
    CommandSigns v.35
    bMobs
    ChestLock
    Craftbook
    GriefalertR
    Herobounty

iConomyChestShop
    Midibanks
    Minequery
    Reserved
    Worldedit
    Worldguard

I get a ton of the
    [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

So essentially everything runs just fine until we start getting over 25 players on the server (on 440, we were handling 50 without a problem) . Once it gets over 20 players or so, the CPU stays around 100% with the memory at 85%. It doesn't drop until there are under 15 or so players, and then it might come down to about 60/40.

The interesting thing is, is there is no lag in the chat, or lag with breaking mushrooms, flowers, torches, etc.
    However, breaking regular blocks takes up to 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes with the blocks even reappearing. It also seems to spike more when players are logging in and out.
    WorldEdit's Superpick however, has no lag in breaking blocks, and they pop off like normal.

2. Offline

Orcworm

I get the feeling this is a 1.3 problem, Buxville has supposedly patched it but the fix has (somewhat understandably) been kept under warps.

3. Offline

Odjit

Well I saw others commenting on it, (which by the way, with like 5 players on its at 76/27) and saying they had a squid problem, but that doesn't seem to be the issue with us. I've looked around and squids spawn in their normal 3-4 squid packs, spread out. And using butcher or bmob doesn't provide any relief.

4. Offline

tekac

This block lag has been effecting playability on my server as well. I'm fine up until about 30 players and then it starts to get noticeable. At 60+ players, its definitely a complaint. Before Bukkit updates, I was able to run with no problems what so ever. I was peaking 80+ players, zero block lag.

Chat isnt' effected at all, so it is not server Lag.

5. Offline

unusualbob

Holy bajeezus, what kind of hardware are you running on?

6. Offline

bogboom

Same issue here. I can Compass warp around no problem, and chat is fine, but block breaking is very laggy.

7. Offline

Odjit

Just curious, if any of you are using WorldEdit, do you notice the lack of the lag (not with everyone, just the person using it) when using the super pick to bust blocks?

8. Offline

Zidonuke

@Orcworm
    Buxville still uses hMod and the patch it uses is a fix for hMod itself not a fix to bukkit or the MC server. Just so you know. :p

9. Offline

Orcworm

Well, that's that plan out of the window then ;p.

10. Offline

Kainzo

*shakes fist* wheres the fix!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.