Filled Better Chat thing

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by fredghostkyle1, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Offline

fredghostkyle1

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: ChatPlugin (I dont care mutch)

What I want: I woud like a plugin like hero chat. The only reason i'm not ussing HeroChat is becuas, well read on. I need 4 channals,
    1. [Help] - Help channal, all players see this. /help <msg>. &9 for color code.
    2. [Trade] Trade Channel, all player will see this. /trade <msg>. &6 color code.
    3. [Global] - All player see this, global channale, default. /g &2 color code.
    4. [Local] - Local chat. can toggle betwean this and global. will go 150 blocks. /l. &e color code.
    Chat format:
    {color}[{name}] {prefix} {username} {suffix} &6: {color}

Ideas for commands:
    • /ch - base command/help
    • /ch g - change to Global chat.
    • /ch l - change to Local chat.
    • /help <msg> - help channal
    • /trade <msg> - trade channal.
    • /g - QuickMsg. to Global
    • /l - QuickMsg. to Local

Ideas for permissions: no premissions needed. ALL player will have this. maby a ChatPlugin.* or something if you would like to.

When I'd like it by: SOON! i need this for my new server!!

2. Offline

EvilKanoa

And why are you not using herochat, it CAN do all this...

3. Offline

fredghostkyle1

Im having problems with it, if you can help that would be great!

4. Offline

nhadobas

Along with CommandHelper you can easily do this with herochat. Listen to this guy ^^^^

5. Offline

fredghostkyle1

Thx a lot, i look into this.

still not what im looking for, i have herd of this before.

EvilKanoa Think you will be able to help me het HeroChat workin? there not very good Docs. on it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  6. Offline

nhadobas

What...? Do you even try to do some research. You could do this exact with using HeroChat and CommandHelper.

7. Offline

EvilKanoa

I have this setup on my server, everything except the/trade, /l and /help commands (which CommandHelper will give you) using just HeroChat, It is really vary easy to setup, just a bit 'o' google and a touch of intelligence :p

But if you really can't get it, add me on skype: kphaley123

8. Offline

fredghostkyle1

Ok, How would i do this? Sorry im not connectiong the dots here. HeroChat would mannage the channals, but i have failed to see how they would work together. from my resurch, i find that CommandHelper will make allyed commands. Also HeroChat will let me make channals. If you could explane this better, it would help a lot.

9. Offline

nhadobas

/l $ =/ch qm local $
    That would make it so people type /l <message> and it would quick message in local.

10. Offline

fredghostkyle1

HeroChat has that.

11. Offline

nhadobas

:facepalm: Ill just let you research it since you dont quite understand what im saying.

12. Offline

fredghostkyle1

nhadobas no i dont lol i got it fixed now. its fine!

13. Offline

nhadobas

A
    If you need any help don't hesitate to add me on Skype: inf.nhadobas

14. Offline

fredghostkyle1

i got it working.

15. Offline

nhadobas

Ik, I just gave you my Skype if you ever need future help.

16. And
    Next time you should Private Message eachother instead of constantly bumping the thread to the top.

17. Offline

3DDarren

What problems?