Best cheat protection

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by crysisone, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

crysisone

A player and his hacking site have a with me, what’s the best cheat protection

I have AuthMe,STABReloaded, NoCheatPlus,factions, CoreProtect_2.07b

I am looking for a plugin that makes it so that if you are staff you can only login if your ip is the same one you register your account with.

This is the hacker own words

“Reason for why it should be griefed: Cause I hate the owner and some people.

Does the server have no cheat? (yes/no) yes but its not working you can still fly, step etc. without a bypass

Does the server have anti-xray? (yes/no) no

Any other plugins that could affect grief: They only have FACTIONS SAFEZONE and warzon

Minecraft version: 1.5.1

Amount of protection: (Describe the amount of protection the server has): They only ban and jail.

Any other info: You can see their plugins.”

I want to combat everything they are planning and then some!

2. Offline

roger9546

Hi there, I will address each of the Hacker's points for you:
    • Does the server have no cheat? NoCheatPlus is the best out there for anti-cheat in my opinion, it may be disabled due to being outdated for minecraft 1.5.1 so make sure you have the latest version of it and it should work perfectly as it does for me on my server. If you have the latest version, he is probably bluffing.
    • Does the server have anti-xray? The best way to combat this would be to download the plugin Orebfuscator: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/orebfuscator/ However the only downside is that it is believed to use a lot of resources (e.g. CPU and RAM) to run.
    • Any other plugins that could affect grief: I would definitely say that only having factions to protect your land is a bad move and you should get WorldGuard and set regions which you can do over the top of your Safezones.
    • Amount of protection: Banning and Jailing is great and you could also ban their IP if you wanted so that they can't use different accounts from their computer.
    • Any other info: In NoCheatPlus there is an option in the config file to make it so that only OPs can use /p, /p or /plugins and also people can only be made OP via the console.
    If you wanted a plugin to make staff login very securely, I would recommend xAuth: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/xauth/ which works pretty well. Although staff can't only login if their ip is the same one as they registered their account with, it does lock out the IP of someone who tries to get into one of your staff accounts after several failed attempts to login.
    If you need any more help, feel free to post again

3. Offline

TnT

online-mode=true will solve your problems.

Its simple, easy, and built in. No configuration necessary at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.