Beds

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by retsrif, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

retsrif

Questions about beds:
    1. Can you detect who's sleeping in a bed? If so, how?
    2. Can you detect if someone stops using the bed? Again, how?
    3. Is there a method to check if a player is sleeping or not?
    Thanks! :)

2. Offline

lonelydime

I saw:
    [CraftBukkit] http://bit.ly/hPnnkk Tanel Suurhans - - add BedBlock - implement BLOCK_INTERACT for beds

Don't know if it's fully implemented as I can't find it in the javadoc

3. Offline

retsrif

Yeah I've seen this file in the javadocs. It shows an event that takes a parameter of an EntityHuman, but not a way to access it. Do you think I should just check for whoever interacted with a bed to get the person in it? Should work right? How do you think I should check who leaves a bed?

4. Offline

lonelydime

Yea, I'd check for the player who interacted with the bed. As for who leaves the bed, I'm not entirely sure.

5. Offline

retsrif

I thought of using the onPlayerMove event to check if the player's location has changed? Though I don't know if the player leaving the bed counts as a movement. Also, is there a way to constantly check for a specific thing? Like keep checking if the player's location is not the bed's location anymore.

6. Offline

fullwall

Well... the event added is just BLOCK_INTERACT (right click) but working for beds. You'd probably have to go to craftbukkit code for anything deeper (there are a couple of entityhuman variables for sleep).

7. Offline

retsrif

But how can I access those variables? They just seem to be passed into methods and are never returned from another method.

8. Offline

fullwall

((CraftPlayer)getPlayer()).getHandle().[bed variable].

9. Offline

retsrif

What do you mean by bed variable? Do you mean BedBlock? Also, where are the CraftBukkit javadocs?
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:46 PM ---
    getHandle() returns an EntityPlayer. Currently looking at EntityPlayer docs, though as expected, they're obfuscated, and don't even give a clue as to what does what.
    EDIT: Would a person in a bed be considered a passenger? Most likely not right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.