Solved .bat file no longer working?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Preshus30, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Preshus30

I have a server I have been running for about 5 or 6 months now. (though this is not my first server) The server has been working fine and in fact just worked last night, but this morning I turned my computer on and went to start the server I'm receiving an error in the CMD when the .bat tries to load. Error is as follows:
    [​IMG]
    I have used the same code in the .bat file ever since my first server on another computer and have never changed the .bat file in any way. I have checked the paths in the system properties and made sure the java path was added. (Though it wasn't before and still worked which is also confusing.) Either way that still hasn't resolved the issue. I have tried different .bat coding that bukkit.org suggests but none of them work only giving the same error. The code I use for my .bat is as follows:

title Minecraft Server
    path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    C:\MineCraft Server 2\
    java.exe -jar craftbukkit-1.5.2-R1.1-20130615.022815-1.jar

My computer is a very reliable and strong poweredWindows Vista x64 bit if that's useful at all.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I found what seems to be the solution. I changed my batch file to:

title Minecraft Server
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"
    "C:\MineCraft Server 2\"
    java -jar craftbukkit-1.5.2-R1.1-20130615.022815-1.jar

Edits made being the removal of the 'path=' on line 2
    and
    added quotations around the address lines.

I'm still stumped as to way my original batch file formatting stopped working.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.