Bandwidth

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by LaxWasHere, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LaxWasHere

How much bandwidth does your server generate?

Got about 6+ emails today because I'm about to go over.
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Haribo98

HOLY SH**.

Local hosted server exceeds 5TB. How many players do you get on there?

3. Offline

LaxWasHere

I peaked at 205 today. average about 150+ during the day.

4. Offline

Double0negative

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This week used almost 5TB bandwith.

peaked at 778 players today

5. Offline

LaxWasHere

If I'm gonna expand, I gotta find a host with cheap/unlimited bandwidth. -.-

6. Offline

Double0negative

Do you use dedicated servers?

7. Offline

LaxWasHere

Yup, from limestone networks.

8. Offline

Double0negative

Secure Servers is $1 per TB. There support and serves are also amazing.

9. Offline

LaxWasHere

Hmm, switching to them would cost additional $70 just to match my current server. I'll see what will happen this January and switch if needed be.

10. Offline

Double0negative

whats your current specs?

11. Offline

LaxWasHere

24gb ram
    E3-1270 v2
    128gb SSD
    250gb SATA for backups

12. Offline

Double0negative

looking at around $220 with ss, althought that includes 32GB ram, and 10TB data and a 1GB /s uplink

13. Offline

LaxWasHere

Yup, gonna see if I really need to upgrade. Most of my other servers are running with 1gb ram without restart for day with average of 50 players so I don't really need that much RAM.

14. Offline

Haribo98

Whats your server? Might check it out.

15. Offline

TheBeast808

You guys make my server look like it's an ant. Peaked at around 80 players today. I have no clue how my bandwidth usage is so low. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's because I'm using a flat map and there is some compression at work. I still don't know if this would account for the roughly 10 times less bandwidth that I'm using.
    [​IMG]

16. Offline

Phinary

We only used 1TB last month, during peak hours we get 110 - 120 players online, that also includes a lot of ddos attacks though :'(

17. Offline

LaxWasHere

Play.LazleCraft.net
    We all started small at one point. Used to be hosted in beastnode but I have to leave to have more control and power.
    Only 1TB? Seems small. Only suffered 1attack for the last 3 months.

18. Offline

Phinary

I should mention though that with all the ddos attacks, limestone likes to null route our IP for 3 hours every time we get attacked, so there has been quite a bit of downtime :)

19. Offline

LaxWasHere

Been on limestone for 3 months, haven't been null routed. All you gotta do is submit a ticket if you're getting attacked and they'll apply some magic.

20. Offline

jorisk322

50 players on 1 GB of RAM? I can barely host 15 people on that!

21. Offline

LaxWasHere

22. Offline

jorisk322

23. Offline

TheBeast808

24. Offline

LaxWasHere

None at all, idk about the hardware though. You should ask beastnode about that.

25. Offline

Sushi

Limestone has a better location than secured servers, and in my experience far better support.

26. Offline

LaxWasHere

The thing is I exceeded my allotted bandwidth from them, had to pay $13 for a TB. Getting the 10TB plan will cost another $80

27. Offline

Double0negative

SS's suppost is the best support I have ever seen. I've had tickets replied to in under 3 minutes. And how is their location better?

28. Offline

Sushi

Texas is more central and people on the east coast will get a reasonable latency. Also, by secured servers support being bad what I meant is false claims being made by their support about their servers. I'm not allowed to say more about that, so don't ask.

29. Offline

-_Husky_-

Not all, but most of them oversell.

30. Offline

jorisk322

Yeah, that's too bad. Is there any way to find out if your host is doing that? RAM should be pretty easy to check with lagmeter/essentials I guess, but CPU wouldn't be that easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.