Attain, Use, and/or Repair Elytra in Survival Overworld

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by CharlesMabe, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CharlesMabe

Plugin category: General

Suggested name: Elytra Everywhere!

What I want: I want people to be able to use Elytra freely and easily in the overworld without ever having to visit the End. I also want it to be either easily-repairable, very-easily-craftable, or unbreakable. I'm not sure of the best way to go about this, but here are some ideas...

I initially was trying to give people unbreakable Elytra automatically on join through Command Block, but I didn't want to build a scoreboard for each new Survival world. Then I tried to do this through plugin, but the ItemJoin plugin is currently the only 1.9 plugin available for this and has very unfinished documentation and I just can't figure it out. And still, I think we can come up with something better that both of these options.

It might be easiest to just automatically give players unbreakable Elytra on each join, and if they already have one, to not give another. However, since custom crafting can exist (even as a very simple plugin), I think I would really like it if Elytra could be crafted like so:

3.png

This seems like an intuitive solution. It could be unbreakable or normal-- either works. We might also want to consider informing people in chat upon joining the server with something like "Elytra can be crafted here with six Wooden Pressure Plates and a Stick."

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: Yesterday. Literally, because my friends kept bugging me to set up a survival server with Elytra readily available practically upon their joining. :p

Anybody who has any alternate ideas concerning Elytra availability-- or who just like my idea-- please reply. I really want to hear what people think would be a good idea!

2. Offline

StarRocket

@CharlesMabe I'll do this quickly since I have some time to kill. Will edit when done.

3. Offline

CharlesMabe

Sweet! Please give me details when you can as to how you decided it will work. Thanks!

4. Offline

cluter123

Would you like it to be craftable or just given when the player joins?

5. Offline

CharlesMabe

Craftable! Can we replace the wood pressure plates in my crafting example in the first post with stone pressure plates? I think that would match the color more! And thanks a ton!

6. Offline

cluter123

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  7. Offline

CharlesMabe

Alright! Questions!
    • Are you going to upload this plugin to the database?
    • What is its name, and can it be changed?
    • What exclusive rights do you claim for this plugin? Do you want credit for me sharing it? And can people have permission to modify it?
    Thanks, friend!

I think I want the name of this plugin to be "Craftable Elytra" or something, but I don't know if the plugin name is built into the JAR in some way or if a file rename is the only thing necessary.

Also, can we change the pop-up text for the crafted Elytra from Red to White? I would try it myself, but I don't know how to edit JARs. That's pretty much the only thing I feel the need to change.

Update: I found out how to edit the JAR. I still need to know what rights you reserve and the other questions I asked above though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  8. Offline

cluter123

Look in the config file.

1. No
    2. CElytra - Yes, what would you like it to be?
    3. Just give me credit when you share it. Other people can modify it.

9. Offline

CharlesMabe

How about "Craftable Elytra"? Thanks!

10. Offline

cluter123

11. Offline

CharlesMabe

12. Offline

cluter123

Idk what happened. I gave you access.

Try this if that doesn't work.

Thread Status: