Arena Battles (iConomy addon)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by 2Bucks, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

2Bucks

This is pretty simple, this mod would support Arena Battles between players (optionally for $$).
    So far I've only thought this out for 1v1 Arena:

When players enter the Arena, for example by typing /arena enter [arena id], they will be put in a queue until another player joins. When both players join, there will be a 10 second countdown giving players a chance to back out.
    When the countdown is finished the players are warped to the spawn point inside the Arena. Their inventory will be cleared and saved. All commands will be disabled when Arena mode is activated.

Players are given preset items (based on what the Arena creators commanded), for example 1 Iron Sword, 1 Bow, 30 Arrows, 3 bread, etc). Players will begin battle immediately and fight/respawn inside the Arena until one player has died 'x' amount of times (again, preset). (players respawn with same items, item pickup is disabled). After the fight is finished, players are returned their inventory and the loser is deducted a set amount from his Currency while the winner gains a set amount. (also, when players do /arena join, there can be an option to wager a certain amount).

After posting this I realized how complex it would be. Looking forward to this mod in 2013

2. Offline

Zyndr0me

i would LOVE to see this plugin! .. seriously... tho i think they should get get to choose a class by some "/arena class [classname]" command :)

3. Offline

Janb

There's something -like- this with CTF and such, but I would prefer this version as well. That is, one using spawns/warps instead of a static place players go to queue.

The one I was imagining would be on a timer, or could be manually activated admins, like an old MUD I used to play (working something like MonsterHunt, if you've seen that). Basically players would see a system message saying:

"The quest for glory in mortal combat will commence in five minutes! Type /arena to join!"

Everyone interested would type the command and be put in the queue. If at the end of the five minutes there aren't
    enough combatants, the quest would abort.

In this iteration, you would keep your inventory/gear/spells/etc, but you wouldn't lose anything on death.

Once commenced, participating players would be teleported to an 'arena' zone and would battle it out. Dying immediately returns you to the world spawn. The way we had it, there were several types of 'quests' (team deathmatch based on class, level, home town, religion, etc; king of the hill, assassination, so on) with different rules and prizes for the winning player/team. Leaderboards were also a fun aspect of it.

In any case, I would also like to see this add-on made :)

4. Offline

Lord Chaos

I would definetly like to see this mod. It would be awesome. Heck, I can't find any battle arena mod for bukkit. :(

5. Offline

Sondre Berntsen

What would be awesome, would be if you also could run survival arenas, where you basically put a group of players in an arena, where they would have to survive waves of zombies, skeletons & pigzombies (or any mob you'd like)

Also, at random places in the arena, there should be placed chests filled with different type of weapons and armor!

Those arena games are awesome, me and some friends ran one on my server, and it was friggin' epic!

6. Offline

p.ndsl

What we need is a Wager/Betting system in general. :)
    PVP, CTF, Spleef, etc.

7. Offline

tha d0ctor

this would be epic

if NSpleef could be nArena then that would be awesome!

8. Offline

Hunt800

A betting system is on my list of plans for Jackpot (see sig). Something like "/duel <playername> <#>" which prompts <playername> to either "/accept" or "/deny" and then if either player kills the other, the dying player will pay the other one <#> iConomy moniez. Unfortunately, my comp crashed, and I can't download anything to this crappy computer without it freezing, so I'm not able to add it for now...

9. Offline

m5k

And my server already has a gladiator rank and a huge arena...
    Please?