Anyone else having trouble with 'max-players' / player limit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by clownfish, Mar 6, 2011.

?

Is the player limit working on your craftbukkit server?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

clownfish

I'm currently using crafbukkit build: 493 (latest stable / recommended)
    @ the a very current 'Essentials' pluign v2.0B (March 5th)

In my 'server.properties' I have my 'max-players=' set to 9

After a fresh restart it doesn't take long for the # of players to reach 11, then 16, then 19 . . .

Does anyone else have this issue with there server?

I was going to check the 'bukkit bug lists' but it is down right now, right? If not, post the link here for me.

Very few seem to mention anything about 'max-players' or 'player limit' in the forum. Which makes me wonder.... Is anyone else having this issue while running a busy server?

If you are not having this issue or know of a solution, please reply here with details.

I don't want to whitelist my server, but with a player limit .. I guess I may need to... :(

Thanks for any support you can offer![​IMG]

EDIT:
    • March 6th 9:51p Attempt to fix
      • Tried a new vanilla 'craftbukkit' build #493 (see craftbukkit build list / notice green star)
        • YAY! 'max-player' setting in server.properties works as it should!
      • Tried a new vanilla 'craftbukit' build #493 + March 5th build of 'Essentials' v2.09B
        • Ah HAH! This narrows it down. Adding 'Essentials' re-created the playerlimit bug.
      • Now trying 'craftbukkit' #493 with newest March 6th build of 'Essentials . . .
    ** Anyone know what is causing this?

2. Offline

MikeSheen

I'm having the same issue - I'm using craftbukkit - I don't know which build - just on Sunday, 6 March 2011 I updated to "latest recommended build" - but looking now I seem to have no way of knowing which build # is deployed on my server.

I'm also using essentials, again - downloaded Sunday, 6 March 2011 - but I have no way of knowing a build identity.

Where do I look to find the build of craftbukkit and each plugin ? I would have expected each plugin to have a common interface with the build # being a property, which is reported to the console when queried.

3. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

/version <-- craftbukkit version
    /version Essentials <-- Essentials version
    /version PluginNameGoesHere <-- PluginNameGoesHere version
    /plugins for a full list of plugin names to use

4. I have added a check to onlogin to this now to make sure we respect the max players

5. Offline

I'm curious how this happened at all. Did you introduce a bug where it would set the event to ALLOWED regardless of the state?

6. here is the code
    Code:
    public void onPlayerLogin(PlayerLoginEvent event)
        {
            User user = User.get(event.getPlayer());
            if (user.isBanned())
            {
                event.disallow(Result.KICK_BANNED, "You are banned from this server");
                return;
            }
    /****new bit ***/

if (server.getOnlinePlayers().length >= server.getMaxPlayers() && !user.isOp())
            {
                event.disallow(Result.KICK_OTHER, "Server is full");
                return;
            }
    /***end new bit **/

updateCompass(user);
        }
    The only thing we checked before was if the were banned or not.

7. Offline

This would mean the bug is in craftbukkit, but I've only heard reports of it occuring with essentials. Hm!

8. Offline

TnT

I've seen spattered reports of this happening on the vanilla CraftBukkit, but didn't have the time to confirm (and then I forgot... sorry)

9. Offline

Zenexer

Essentials used to interface directly with craftbukkit to get the "max-players" property. Apparently the getter and the setter got mixed up with the 1.3 release. This is now a moot point, as Server has gained getMaxPlayers().

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.