An "Updated" Plugin Like GroupUsers, Is needed badly.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Brett, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Brett

nuff said [​IMG]

2. Offline

nichiatu

3. Offline

Brett

4. Offline

nichiatu

I thought groupusers was outdated, why not just use Permissions until it's updated?

5. Offline

Onza40

Permissions sucks by itself, and only works well if used with groupusers, it is really hard to configure for a large number of users, given its lack of in built groups, which is what Brett said really, we need a groups plugin.

And also, something Brett also said, we need permissions that work with all of the plugins by allowing commands instead of having to communicate directly with every plugin.

6. Offline

barghest

Permissions always have to be coded both ways. The permissions plugin (or of course built-in support) has to be loaded, but as well, the plugin needing permissions also has to be coded to respect the way the permissions plugin in question does business. So there's no way to make "permissions that work with all of the plugins" without all of the plugins being updated to support it. It's not magic. Permissions support plugins always communicate with every plugin, except for the ones that don't support permissions at all.

7. Offline

nichiatu

I don't want to sit here and discuss this plugin, I just did a quick search around the plugins thread, and found something that was updated and had groups in the description, I'm very sorry for trying to help the community, excuse me sincerely. :)

8. Offline

Brett

i do apologize, the title was worded wrong, i ment an updated pulgin exactly like groupusers

9. Offline

Onza40

So to be helpful, you didn't link to this post you found?

10. Offline

Archelaus

11. Offline

nichiatu

Yes, learn to see through topics before you comment in them, also learn to read.

12. Offline

Onza40

To conclude, "groupusers" does not equal "permissions", and nichiatu, your arrogant comments do nothing to help this thread, and they do nothing to make you not look like a jackass.

To respond to the "lern2read" comments, I did see his first link, I kinda assumed his second comment was about something else he had found, I apologise for not being able to interpret his daft comments.

Lastly, I am now using permissions, but it takes forever to set up, group users was a lot better.