"An internal error occured while trying to perform this command"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mnmsyellow, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mnmsyellow

Today, when I logged into my bukkit server and tried to use a command the internal error came up. I had slightly changed some of my essentials config beforehand and now I cannot use commands. The error shows up in the config as this:

at
    com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsProtectEntityListener.onCreatureSpawn(EssentialsProtectEntityListener.java:315)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$71.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:756)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callCreatureSpawnEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:242)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.addEntity(World.java:849)
    at net.minecraft.server.SpawnerCreature.spawnEntities(SpawnerCreature.java:117)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1620)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:461)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    >09:12:24 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CREATURE_SPAWN to EssentialsProtect
    java.lang.NullPointerException

Can anyone help please?

2. Offline

Tomi Joo

Thats the same as me D:

3. Offline

Diamondo25

Try to revert your changes regarding spawning mobs?

@mnmsyellow : If that fixed it; can you post your changes so that @Tomi Joo can use them?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    mnmsyellow likes this.
  4. Offline

Tomi Joo

Update to RB CB+ 1337

5. Offline

Sindre1465

I found the bug! (I think)

I had the same problem, when I changed just some words in the motd message, suddenly Essentials doesn't work. So, after veeeeery many attempts, I finnaly got the error cause:

You can not have foreign letters (examples: æ, ø, å etc.) in the config.yml file.
    Please reply if that doesn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.