Airplane plugin? PLZ

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mrto, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Offline

mrto

Can someone pls create an airplane plugin. I think it would be very great.
    And that anyone can use it. I mean like you put some wood together that looks like
    a boat or somethin, but that it can fly :)
    PLS REPLY ;D

2. Offline

samhoule001

3. Offline

mushroomhostage

Also check out Flan's Plane Mod, it has been ported to CraftBukkit and is available from MC Port Central.

Works really well used in conjunction with RadioBeacon:

[​IMG]

4. Offline

mrto

Im actually lookking for a plugin, not a mod. I want it to put it on my server.
    And that is easy to use :p

5. Offline

Snipes01

6. Offline

mushroomhostage

If you prefer not to use client mods, the closest you can do is a plugin like MoveCraft, as mentioned above -- but it hasn't been updated in a while and appears to be abandoned. But even if it was updated, the experience wouldn't be as great as if you use client mods. There is only so much that can be done purely server-side. The biggest problem is how the vanilla client currently only supports "smooth movement" for pistons not arbitrary blocks, so the plugin-only airplane mods only move in a jumpy block-by-block fashion.

edit: here is the updated Movecraft for 1.2.3-R0.2. The project page says "spout-transport" but it doesn't require Spout or other client mods.

edit: also see AutoCraft, the MoveCraft alternative

7. Offline

mdnorman38

Where can I find Modloader for Bukkit?

8. Offline

TobyG123

Planes whatsoever would require Spout client mods. Technically, you COULD have it so you sit in a minecart or boat and are able to fly around in it..... but

"Plugins cannot:

-Add blocks
    -Add vehicles
    -Add entities
    -etc."

9. Offline

mushroomhostage

Check the MC Port Central forums.

Not necessarily Spout, rather, client mods in general. Flan's Plane Mod doesn't require Spout (and in fact won't work with Spout), but it does require all players who connect use a modded client (with ModLoaderMP, MCForge, etc.).