[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Offline

RustyDagger

Do you have brain issues? PEX fully supports super perms if you know how to use the plugin just because it dont have the stupid :true or :false at the end of every god dam node dose not mean it is not fully supported it is handled internally in the plugin you can use - -node and - node. PEX also features world inheritace some thing that Bpermissions dose not do at all or atleast not from what i can tell it seems to have a separate file for every map and when you have 10 + maps that becomes 1 giant crap storm of work.

I have NEVER had an issue with PEX not supporting a plugins permissions. Some Dev's are spreading rumors and its really starting to piss me.

Back on topic using just player.has.permission or w/e it is from the bukkit API will be fine @lmc just about all permissions plugins including PEX will work with it.

3. Right ill do that then. Ive never used a permissons plugin so its all new to me.

4. Offline

aehoooo

Read: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/?page=3#comments

Its his build from a few days ago, 1.15, when he just decided to break superperms suport. Of course, he heard a lot of complains. He fixed it on a later build...

The point is, its not the first time he breaks SP support, and probably wont be the last. As I said, lmc should do as all the other devs do, superperms, if the pex dev decides to go nuts and break that, his problem. He should never add advanced support for it, just like most of the other plugin developers...this is why the bukkit built-in permissions were invented.

5. Ok, so at the moment im just going to use the default bukkit permissions? Will that tie in with the permissions plugin you use? I really dont know about permissions haha, and with there being so many different permissions plugins, I honestly dont know what to do xD.

6. Offline

RustyDagger

@lmc Bukkit has their core system the haspermission thing i said about it basically checks to see if the user has that permission ofc other plugin these permissions plugins merly just allow us server admins to give permissions in different ways they are all using this core bukkit system in 1 way or another the only real difference between the plugins is the file structure and the features.

look at the permissions plugins as managers for the bukkit system :D

7. Ok thanks, ill look into it more when I come to intergrating a permissions system

8. Offline

Itsyuka

You should read the bottom of the Current Feature's list, still there and I still use super perms with it.

9. Offline

Sh4d0w

will it blend if i do following?
    http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/251111163126_bc.png

will it works with GroupManager? Becasue the player, who buy a vip package.
    And it would be awesome if you could add a "test-price" (no price) for testing packages.

And can i disable the manvalidatecheck to execute this to offline players? Will it works or will Buycraft checks the online status?

When do you think we can add no prices for testing :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
  10. That will work perfectly.

And that is coming up in the next version! :)

11. Offline

Sh4d0w

When approximately? :)

Does that mean, that the Player, which buy a package is getting "highest privileges" for the commands in the packages?
    If all player would have the groupmanager.manuadd permission, they can't promote guests to player. They cannot set ranks which were at the same rank or higher. But lmc can? WOW, since yesterday I plan with buycraft cool features.

12. I think we are misunderstanding each other in some ways.

Your server is the one who executes the commands, not the player. So you can execute anything without worrying.

13. Offline

Sh4d0w

And how exactly works the expiration command?
    Will it entered automatically if the player is online and the time is expired? What is, if the player not online? I must disable the manvalidatecheck in the config, to set ranks of offline players.

I saw your video, but my english knowledges are not the best :(

14. Expirys will execute after the expiry length, and only if the player is online.

15. Buycraft will only execute if online, no option to change it. This is due to several reasons.

And I dont know yet, im currently working on something else whats more important to do with buycraft.

16. Offline

Sh4d0w

Ok thanks, but still one question:
    Note under settings for PayPal:
    "Your Paypal account must be premier or above, otherwise you will not be able to use Paypals services with Buycraft."

I created a standard Acc without bank account. Will it works?
    I want to transfer the money to my main-account (there is a bank accound)

17. You need a premier account. Its just a one-click upgrade normally.

18. Offline

Sh4d0w

sry for asking again, but where can I do this? Premier = acc with bank acc?

I have one conflict with BC. New players on my servers are default guests. So the must read the rules, answer the right response and THEN they will promote from a mod or me to Player rank. BUT, a Guest could buy VIP in guest rank, because no permission is available.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  19. Offline

ieatdiamond

this problem accours to me when ever i put in the api secret then i save the file But it doesnt work, it works in the server i wanna make permissions with it. Thats my problem please help!

20. There is an upgrade to premium button. Look under account settings.

Hmm.. This shouldnt be happening. Load up your server, it should generate one, and then close and re-open. If not, open up the buycraft.jar with WinRar, and theres a "BlankSettings.yml" file in there, copy it into the plugins directory, rename it to Buycraf.yml and you will be good to go.

New video about Buycraft from @Samkio and @Torrent. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  21. Offline

Sh4d0w

There is no option. Only an account change between personal and business account.
    BUT: i tested a package with 0,50 € out. It works. OMG thats so much awesome !

is it normally that Buycraft generate the buycrat.yml in the plugin dir? There is no Buycraft folder and no setting.yml lik in the video. I downloaded v2.9 from buycraft.net. Only the .jar, not a .rar file.

22. Offline

jorisk322

@lmc Do you have a public todo list?

You're probably already premier. I was sad, because I didn't know you needed to have a premier account and thought I didn't have one, but apparently I did...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  23. Thats normal.. and your account must already been premier.

Nope

Think of the chances of a new user to your server randomly spending there money when there not even a player yet, it just woudnlt happen in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
  24. Offline

Sh4d0w

Yes but other sayed: A guest shouldn seen which packages are available.

And i wanna give a feat.request. One permission (for admin/mods) to check the pending expiry list ingame instead loggin in and then checking? That were cool

25. Creating something what were to stop players from viewing packages at certain permissions/ranks w/e would be really hard to accomodate for the hundreds of different server configurations out there.... its just not feasable really

If the player is offline, it wont execute :) It will only execute if the player is online :) Nothing is executed if the player is offline.

Ok guys, Buycraft will be going down for like 10-15 minutes due to upgrades and a new version coming out! (Woooo!)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
  26. Offline

Sh4d0w

i think there must be an support for the different permission plugins available, then it should work. Other plugin devs. give support for different perm.plugins.

feat.request 2 :):
    replacing the id to a name?
    /buy vip instead of /buy 1

27. Why should we make that change? Its fine as it is I think :S

28. Offline

Sh4d0w

nope iw as confused to give on my test /buy 1.
    It were more logicaller if the player entered a package NAME :)

Peter: Hey John i buyed yesterday number one
    John: wth, you bought an admin rank?
    Peter: No i just buy a VIP rank, called "number one"

(yeah i know this conversation of both is lame XD)

really, names instead of ID's were more logicaller.

29. But it isnt called "number one", its refered to as the description given when you type /buy. You only type the number cause thats the ID of the package.

No, it will come later, but with a different approach to what you want. It will instead have a "Large" description box on the page where you purchase it (On the website).

Nevermind guys, host is playing up again just like before, and I cant access the server once again. Sorry about this, its pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2019
  30. Offline

DDoS

If the Expiry command happens when the player is offline, will it try again later? What will it do?

Oh, ok! Nice reply, full of smileys =D

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
  31. Haha, I use :) too :) many :) sometimes :) :p