[ADMN] Spawn List 0.10 - The Original Powerful Item Spawning Plugin [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lego6245, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

lego6245

SpawnList: Take Back Item Spawning!
    Version RC1.0 -"Where the hell have you been, SuperPerms?" edition.​

ChangeList:
    Code:
    Vrc1.0: Updated for 1.7.3! SuperPerms! New Group System! I should update more!
    V0.9.2: Fixed a second stupid.
    V0.9.1: Fixed a stupid.
    Vo.9: Fixed a few bugs. Changed how inheritance works. By the way, it works.
    Vo.8: 1.5 update. I know I've fixed that bug now!
    V0.7.3: Removed horrible inheritance. Added 1.4 items
    V0.7.2: Less annoying puke, possible allowed fix.
    V0.7.1: MOAR FIXES!!!1!!1!111!2!!!one!!
    V0.7: Added /give. Hopefully fixed a bug.
    V0.6: Changed Packages. Actually fixed things :3
    V0.5: Thought I fixed a bunch of things.
    V0.4: new onCommand format. slreload works from console. New enable/disable message.
    V0.3: Added /slreload command. Added a toggle for the warning message. Cleaned up some language.
    V0.2: Fixed spawning by number, added function to designate number of items spawned by default, changed default to 1.
    V0.1: Release
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is the return of item spawning as it once was! Take back control of your user's item spawning habits with SpawnList, the Bukkit ready version of GroupSpawnlist, readapted and ready to go! I created this plugin because as far as I could see there was no way to properly regulate item spawning in terms of what items your users could spawn. This plugin builds upon the item whitelist of hMod by adding these features:
    • Additive or Deductive spawning! (Give a list of items you either want users to spawn or NOT want users to spawn)
    • Permissions support! (Designate different spawn lists for each group!)
    • It's own /item command!
    • Reload without restart, now from console and in-game!
    • Inheritance!
    I hope that this will become your most used plugin. A few reminders in order to make this the best possible:

• You will need to disable any other /item commands that may exist in plugins like Essentials. Failure to do so might cause your users to get double the items they want.
    • You will need to configure your config.yml file according to a few rules, which I will outline.
    • Inheritance works as thusly: Parent group overrules children, but once it's true, it's done. Allow me to explain. If group A inherits groups B and C, then group A's policies will overrule groups B and C. However, if group B or C can spawn an item, then it is assumed that group A can spawn it as well. Keep this in mind.
    • There is a new system for groups with the new superperms. If you use super perms, listen up! You need to define in your config.yml file the world, then the user, then the group. Groups can also have children. See the new config file style below, and respond with any questions.
    Now, for the DL link, but first, if you like the plugin, Donate! Donators get access to my dropbox folder which contains everything I work on, including a few plugins that have never been released! Any amount is fine. Here are the links: Donate, Jar + Zip, Jar Only (Experimental)!

To configure:
    • If you are using the Permissions plugin, here are the permissions used by Spawnlist:
      • spawnlist.item - Access the /item command
      • spawnlist.canspawnanything - If the user can spawn anything they want
      • spawnlist.spawnlisted - If you want the /item command to check the spawnlist for this user dead as of RC1.0 (why did I have this to begin with?)
      • spawnlist.reload - For users to have access to the /slreload command
      • spawnlist.give - Access to the /give command
    • In the config.yml file, the format is this:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 34 #change the default spawning amount

show-warning: 1 #show warnings, 1 = yes, 0 = no
    superperms: false #change to true if you want to use superperms!
    default: #leave this no matter what
    allowed: #can be allowed or disallowed (NOT BOTH)
      - 1 #list numbers here
     children:
       #children go here (try it out for me! only needed for superperms!)
    #other groups here (LOWERCASE)

Remember, please post in this thread if the plugin works/doesn't work/makes you happy/sad/upset/laugh. I less then three feedback

Lego6245 of enigmasm.com

2. Offline

lego6245

Once again, a possible bug. I'm actually going through it now.
    [MERGETIME="1299782895"][/MERGETIME]
    Updated to 0.7.2. Download the new Jar.

Fixes:
    -No more puke on invalid item names (added Wool)
    -Should fix issues with using allowed "allowing" all items.

3. I can still spawn all items. :(

config.yml:

Code:
    default-stack-size: 64
    show-warning: 1
    default:
     allowed:
    admins:
     allowed:

4. Offline

lego6245

Are they normal users or OPs? There is a catch in there that will automagicly let OPs spawn anything.
    [MERGETIME="1299783698"][/MERGETIME]
    Also, there is inheritance from the default group, so perhaps the overlap is causing an issue.

5. Ah yes, I apparently left my name in the ops.txt file. It is working fine now. Thanks!

6. Offline

THEK

Yh. I'm getting some weird problems too. At first users couldnt access anything, now they can access everything??

**EDIT**
    Please ignore. I hadn't updated GroupManager as their thread title still said Alpha3 but it had moved to Alpha5. It is working now :)

7. Offline

marioman112

I can't get this to work when i start the server it give me an error

8. Offline

DrewHiggins

I'm probably just being stupid, but could you help me with something?

I have a default group on my server, which I call "x." I want them to only be able to spawn a few blocks, which I have below. Every other group should be able to spawn the with the rules in the first section.

However, every time I try to do this, group x can spawn the same stuff as everyone else. So basically, can you give me a better explanation on how to do group by group item spawning?

Here is my config.yml file:

Code:
    default-stack-size: 1
    show-warning: 0
    default:
     disallowed:
    x:
     allowed:

9. Offline

sethgandy

First off, you sir, are absolutely AMAZING!
    I've been looking for something like this for weeks, even talked to the coder of essentials and got nowhere.
    I just wanted to disable specific ids for christ sake!

Anyhoo, my problem is, I can allow items and they will spawn, but none else, which is to be expected.
    Problem is, when I change it to disallowed, nothing works. :/

10. Offline

coronangel

yea im a noob on craftbukket and i have spawnlist but i have no idea what to put in the config file and i have no idea how to make spawnlist working for my server and i read the stuff you said

11. Offline

lego6245

Sorry for being away for so long. Spring Break + God Only Knows = Lack of Updates. Rest assured that development is resuming!

-William

This plugin is confirmed to work with the new 1.4 and craftbukkit 617. Happy spawning!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  12. Offline

lego6245

Boom! I found the problem ya'll have been having. Boom! Updating to 0.7.3 should fix your problems. Boom! I like boom. Boom! Expect the Enigma!

Updated to 0.7.3. Fixed a problem with inheritance by removing inheritance because efficiency. Added the new items to Item.class

Note: With this bugfix I've removed my horrible implementation of inheritance. So, if you were depending on that, Control + C and Control + V (Or Command + C and Command + V for us mac users) are your friends.

13. Offline

armoreddice

Hey, so i think this plugin would work well with something I had in mind for my server, but I cant seem to get it to work without permissions. Do I need to have persmissions installed to have this to work? Also, maybe you can add a step by step guide to your main post in how to make this work just a suggestion.

i am running bukkit 617. Another thing is that i dont think the plugin is even starting when i run the server. I put it into my plugin section reset the server and nothing.

14. Offline

lego6245

It should work without permissions. Having it installed makes things much easier.

Oh wait, thats what that inheritance did. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Ok, bugfix incoming later today.

15. Offline

armoreddice

mmmm yea cuz i add it too plugins like regular mods and only this one and permissions doesnt work :/ though I really dont want to use permissions. Just this would be great. One question though, when i use this Admins can summon restricted items correct? I mainly need to use the disallowed function for one item .. :/

16. Offline

lego6245

OPs can summon whatever they want, by virtue of them being OPs.

17. Offline

armoreddice

Good to know, cant wait to see this in action

18. Offline

legendlazy

The majority of people on my server use the TooManyItems mod on their system (It's a private server) and when they try and spawn an item it spawns but the thumbnail is invisible unless they drop an item.

This is the only mod that is currently on my server (I need a item blacklist so that TNT is not found on my doorstep again).

It's not a major problem but it's quite annoying. I'm not sure whether this is something to do with this mod or TooManyItems but TooManyItems works fine without this mod (Just there's no way of stopping someone spawning Lava/TNT)

EDIT: I think it may be because TooManyItems drops the items on the floor whereas your mod places it straight into the players inventory, maybe you could give us an option to let it drop onto the floor? That might fix it. (Just a guess)

19. Offline

lego6245

It's by virtue of the way item spawning works that it goes right into the inventory. I could theoretically make it so that it drops at the location, but inefficiency/etc.

20. Offline

armoreddice

Have you fixed the issue by any chance yet?

21. Offline

lego6245

What is "this issue"?

22. Offline

Silarn

I've been thinking about switching functionality from a certain plugin for a while now, and there's just one feature I would really like to see which I think wouldn't be too hard to implement with a new permission flag.

That is, I would like to selectively prevent people from being GIVEN items. This is because I have been toying with the idea of running a parallel world that functions as a survival area on top of the established creative world that I have had for a while. But it would essentially defeat the purpose if somebody could ninja /give items to their friend in the survival area.

What I propose is something like spawnlist.giveaccept. (And maybe a .giveoverride for admins?) This basically entails a quick permission check on the target whenever somebody tries to /give. As I don't particularly mind friends helping out other lower-ranked friends with some construction materials that aren't in my /kits. But this could be a problem with a survival world.

Either that or don't make it function cross-world! Which would be awkward but would work.

---

Also I would like to second the issue with /slreload. With all permissions on I 'don't have permission' for this command. I have to use the console to reload the settings.

23. Offline

armoreddice

mmm issue as in what i explained before, the plugin does not start up. it doesnt restrict the use of items that I want it too. any idea? I am running 617 right now.

24. Offline

Palit

I was just looking for an answer to the same thing! Loving Spawnlist though, haven't found another mod that does what I want like this.

Would it be possible to add something to the config file to switch the /give command spawning to tossing the items in front of you instead of to the inventory? Could leave the /item command alone since the TooManyItems runs off the give command. Not sure if it's possible but it would be very appreciated!!

On a side note as well, does the /give command still check the approved/blocked config file? Or is it just the /item command?

25. Offline

lego6245

Both /give and /item check the approved/blocked config.

What errors, if any, does it spit out?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  26. Offline

armoreddice

Im not getting any errors at all actually, it like the plugin doesnt even work. um. I will try again and let you know.

27. Offline

Randy Schouten

The plugin won't load here. I use bukkit build 617.
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Spawnlist.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:65)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:158)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:106)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:63)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:264)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandreloadall.run(Commandreloadall.java:34)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsCommand.run(EssentialsCommand.java:56)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:587)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:391)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:52)

It's caused by a zip file, apparently.
    I can't find a zip file in my minecraft server folder..

28. Offline

LennardF1989

Running latest version (no essentials or any other mod) and I'm unable to get "disallowed" to work, it will only accept "allowed". When I use disallowed, the user can't spawn anything at all.

29. Offline

noxq

Help! it says "You cant spawn that" what should i do?

PS:Should i be admin first? if so how?

30. Offline

lego6245

I'll double check the disallowed thing when I update to 670.

31. Offline

Netulven

The Plug in worked just great for me first time i installed it....2nd...not so much

First time, i laied the files into the Plugin folder, logged in the server, and the /give command worked just like its suppose to
    was eable to write /give Netulven stone 1000

and Bam i got 1000 stone

I had some problems with some other plugins on and decied to Delete the plugin folder and install em all from scratch again

again i placed the files in the Plugin Folder
    but now, i can't write the name of items, I _have_ to use the ID number, Also a maximum of 64 + its droped on the ground

The only Plugins i got installed are:
    Permissions and Spawnlist
    also tried Without Permission plugin, same deal

also this time i had to go in to the Config file and write:

disallowed: #can be allowed or disallowed

Otherwise i was only allowed to spawn 4 Items, (i chose 44 cuz its a not something i usally use anyways)

What should the Config file Look like if im suppose to be allowed to spawn everything as Admin

//NetUlven

Got no idea whats going on