Inactive [ADMN/SEC/FUN/TP/RPG] NetherBan v0.6.3 - Condemn your users to an eternity of suffering! [860-1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Windwaker, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Windwaker

[​IMG]
    NetherBan v0.6.3
    Condemn your users to an eternity of suffering!
    NetherBan has moved to BukkitDev! This page will no longer be maintained!

Overview:
    Basically NetherBan provides an alternative to straight out banning. Banning can be too harsh sometimes and kicking just isn't effective. So I created NetherBan! NetherBan allows you to ban your players and prevents them from escaping. While banished, players can't use portals and have restrictions based upon what you do in the NetherBan.prop file! NetherBan is flexible, it allows for many configuration options and include (but not limited to) mute on ban or can't build and dying will not spawn them in the normal world while banished.​
    Features:
    • Ban players to the Nether!
    • Kick players to the Nether!
    • Whitelist for your loved ones!
    • Configurable!
    • Blacklist items!
    • Permissions support! (but not required)
    • Lightning strikes on banish (configurable)
    How to get Help:
    Visit NetherBan's BukkitDev page and create a ticket to get help! I cannot ensure you will get help if you post on this page. This is the best and fastest way to get help.

Changelog
    Version 0.6.3
    • Bugfix - Made NetherBan usable again!
    Version 0.5.2 - 0.6.2
    • Thanks to @DreadKyller to maintaining the plugin while I was gone :)
    Older Versions (open)
    Version 0.5.1
    • Bugfix - Fixed stupid bug where plugin had to be reloaded again after loading it (Thanks @tips48 )
    Version 0.5
    • Bugfix - Players can now be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Checks on player login to see if a player is banned and makes sure they are in the Nether
    • Bugfix - Players can now be unbanished while offline
    • Feature - Added "Banish-on-Death" option in the NetherBan.prop
    • Feature - Added "Kick-on-Death" option in the NetherBan.prop
    • Added "Entities-Target-Banished" option in the NetherBan.prop
    Version 0.4.1
    • Bugfix - Made fallback for error when you don't configure the plugin correctly.
    Version 0.4

• Bugfix - Whitelist command is back
    • Bugfix - Improved consistency
    • Feature - Lightning on banish (configurable)
    • Restructured code
    Version 0.3.1

• Bugfix - Removed players can be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Removed players can be whitelist while offline
    • Bugfix - Removed whitelist command
    Version 0.3

• Feature - Added version command (/nbversion)
    • Feature - Added help menu (/nbhelp)
    • Bugfix - Players can now be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Players can now be whitelisted while offline
    • Bugfix - Fixed adding yourself whitelist bans you
    Version 0.2

• Bugfix - Fixed the plugin not liking when you banned people who where in the Nether already.
    • Feature - Added whitelist.
    • Bugfix - Chat errors
    • Feature - Added whitelist command (/nbwl || /nbwhitelist)
    • Feature - Added alias for /nbban (/netherban)
    • Bugfix - Fixed Permissions completely!
    Version 0.1.1

• Bugfix - Added "Banished-Cant-Use-Commands" option in the NetherBan.prop file
    • Bugfix - Minor chat bug
    Version 0.1

• Initial release!
    Known Bugs:
    • None, please report any :)
    TODO:
    • Always opened to suggestions (Doesn't mean I'll always take them though ;))
    • Clear and save inventories on ban, restore on unban
    • Private Chat Channels for the damned
    Permissions and Commands:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    netherban.nbban - Allow /nbban <player>
    netherban.nbkick - Allow /nbkick <player>
    netherban.nbunban - Allow /nbunban <player>
    netherban.whitelist - Allow /nbwl <player> || /nbwhitelist <player>
    --
    /netherban <player> | Ban a player to the Nether!
    /nbunban <player> | Unban a player from the Nether!
    /nbwhitelist <player> | Whitelists a player and makes them safe from banishment!
    /nbhelp | Displays help menu
    /nbversion | Displays NetherBan version you have.

Config File:
    Show Spoiler

#NetherBan Config​
    #Sat Jun 25 12:45:38 EDT 2011​
    Banished-Cant-Build=true​
    Kick-on-Death=false​
    Normal-World-Name=world​
    PvP-Disabled-For-Banished=true​
    Banished-Cant-Empty-Bucket=true​
    Blacklist-Lava=false​
    Banished-Cant-Destroy=true​
    Display-Lightning-On-Banish=true​
    Nether-World-Name=world_nether​
    Entities-Target-Banished=false​
    Blacklist-TnT=false​
    Banished-Cant-Use-Commands=true​
    Banish-on-Death=false​
    Blacklist-Fire=false​
    Mute-on-Ban=false​

2. Offline

DreadKyller

3. Offline

Jaker232

I laughed at this part, the best way to torture an annoying player. Or, before they get sent to the Nether, here's my idea.

Make then hear a ritual others can't hear. The server owner can config what it says only to the person who is about to be banished into the nether.

4. Offline

Windwaker

Version 0.3 Released!
    • Feature - Added version command (/nbversion)
    • Feature - Added help menu (/nbhelp)
    • Bugfix - Players can now be banished while offline @IIIEXOCETIII
    • Bugfix - Players can now be whitelisted while offline
    • Bugfix - Fixed adding yourself whitelist bans you @Deathmarine

5. Offline

DreadKyller

@Walker Crouse white-listing yourself bans you? can't you not white-list yourself unless op and shouldn't ops be allowed to no have to be banned? could you instead make it so if you try to white-list yourself, the server gets an application saying something like:

Code:
    "Player PlayerName requested to be white-listed from Ban-Hammer. Allow?"

6. Offline

TerrorBite

There's a Bukkit function .strikelightningeffect() which, I believe, can be used to strike lightning on a location without the explosion and fire (which could potentially damage structures). I like that idea.

7. Offline

Windwaker

It was a bug I fixed it now ... Hopefully...

EDIT: Oh sorry I see the confusion

It used to do that and it was a bug :)

8. Offline

o0AzzA0o

when banishing players to nether they get kicked for movement hack which is ... bukkit issue i believe? anyhow i installed anti kick plugin for that issue the problem i get now is when players suicide in the nether and they relog they are spawned above nether on the layer of bedrock.

Is it possible to maybe teleport players that kill themselfs or die back to nether spawnpoint? same with the initial banishment of a player.

This plugin is great btw i loled when i saw it in the list

9. Offline

Windwaker

That's the idea ... I haven't heard about this yet ... idk why it happened ... Have you tried using another nether? What CraftBukkit build do you have? (/version)

Oh noes! It's broke?! Before you start complaining I have updated to

Version 0.3.1
    • Removed players can be banished while offline
    • Removed players can be whitelist while offline
    • Removed whitelist command

These features are coming back as well as some you have requested but I wanted to rush this out before it was too late. The whitelist.txt still works and you can add people in that (as long as you reload the server)

So I have had an "epiphany" if you will for this plugin. NetherBan as of right now is not 100% consistent. I am doing a complete re-write of it for NetherBan v0.4 and and should really improve its performance and consistency a lot.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  10. Offline

o0AzzA0o

its a top idea and its worth waiting for cant wait till its ready

11. Offline

Windwaker

Released Version 0.4!

• Bugfix - Whitelist command is back
    • Bugfix - Improved consistency
    • Feature - Lightning on banish (configurable)
    • Restructured code

This may not look like it but it is a big update (code wise) I have completely restructured it and it is a lot more reliable now! I strongly suggest you update!

12. Offline

DreadKyller

yay, this is so cool. and you did the lightning, no one can judge the power of suggestions now, muahahahaha.

13. Offline

LokiDarkfire

i dont know what im doing wrong i put the jar + folder in my plugins, i hit /nbhelp ingame and the help pops up but /nbban Player and i get "internal error" ive tried editing permissions for it and still the same, any ideas?

14. Offline

DreadKyller

did you literally type in "/nbban Player" or did you replace Player with a player? like if I was in the game you would not type in nbban Player you'd type /nbban dreadkyller. can you give us more info, post the error log, tell what the exact thing you were doing was, or we really can't help

15. Offline

SystexPro

Dude! Thanks for adding the lighting :D Great plugin, will use.

16. Offline

Windwaker

What @DreadKyller said and also, is the player online? I still haven't made it so you can banish people while they are offline. Also is your world called something else besides "world"? If it is you have to go into the NetherBan.prop and configure the plugin correctly.

--

@DreadKyller ; To answer your previous question, if you set the spawn of the world that is where the damned will spawn. On banish they spawn at the worlds spawn point. In addition, the Nether doesn't even have to be a Netherworld at all. For instance, if you wanted to ban someone to a normal world you would just set "Nether-World-Name=<normalworldnamehere>

--

No problem, I'm glad you like it :)

--

Also what do you guys think about using .createExplosion() for something? Pitch :D

17. Offline

DreadKyller

@Walker Crouse ok, that makes sense, I got that it was the spawn point, but I was wondering if there were ways to setup multiple spawns, for example, one person is killing everyone, one is griefing a few blocks, equal punishment? no, I would like to send the killer into the never over a lava pit or something and the greifer on top of the bedrock so they can't break anything, something like:

/nbban user1 spawn_lava_pit
    /nbban user2 spawn_over_bedrock

18. Offline

Windwaker

Ah okay ... Gotcha ... I will look into it :)

19. Offline

DreadKyller

thank you. that way also you could ban one person to the nether and one to a completely different and isolated world

20. Offline

LokiDarkfire

lol actually the player i was bannashing is called Player XD

anyway i got the problem fixed my whole server was goign to heck cos i deleted one plugin >.> all sorted now though :)

21. Offline

Windwaker

Sounds good, I'm assuming you're running in offline mode?

22. Offline

DreadKyller

most likly becaus if you are in offline and log in without an account the default name is "Player" and they would not allow someone to be named player because it would interfere with that, it would end up giving the skin and everything, so...

23. Offline

babystompa

Hello I'm using netherban 4 and It keeps saying I don't have permissions to do that. I'm using CommandPermissions and have my self as and admin and OP. Do the commands have any other names than /nbkick /nbban ect? odd enough the only nb function that works is /nbhelp and /nbversion

24. Offline

Windwaker

Found the issue. For some reason it doesn't like you on first use. Just reload (/reload) or restart the server for it to work :)

25. Offline

babystompa

oh ok i'll see if that works thanks :]

26. Offline

Windwaker

Okay let me know

27. Offline

woodzy

CB#900
    Code:
    [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'nbban' in plugin NetherBan v0.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:294)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:724)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:690)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:683)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:223)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:402)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:312)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.getWorld(CraftServer.java:483)
            at com.aim.wjcrouse913.NetherBan.NetherBan.onPlayerBan(NetherBan.java:338)
            at com.aim.wjcrouse913.NetherBan.NetherBan.onCommand(NetherBan.java:198)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

28. Offline

Windwaker

^ Did you try this ^ I am 95% sure this is the problem ... Just reload the server

29. Offline

woodzy

@Walker Crouse yes sir i did even did a full reboot nothing then a /relaod x2 just for good mesure

30. Offline

Windwaker

Okay I just tested it on 900 and NetherBan is working fine after a reload. Did you configure the NetherBan.prop? If your world name is anything but 'world' and 'world_nether' you have to set that in the config.

31. Offline

woodzy

its ok i cant use this is conflicting with McMMo and Jobs