[ADMN] RealAdminTools - list and remove any entity from your worlds [1337-1561]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by tickleman, May 10, 2011.

1. Offline

tickleman

RealAdminTools - Some usefull admin tools
    Version: v0.06 (2011-07-22)
    • Please read CHANGELOG, KNOWN ISSUES, ROADMAP AND THE WIKI before you tell me bugs or ask me new features please : it may be already here !
    • These are some administrator's features that I did not found anywhere else
    Features:

server.properties file editor

Needed to changes some server.properties options, without opening the file on the serveur, simply with chat commands.
    • /config [<option> [<value>]] display / change (if value is set) the value of a server.properties file option
    Usefull options to change values are :
    • allow-nether : true / false
    • view-distance : 3 to 15
    • spawn-monsters : true / false
    • spawn-animals : true / false
    • online-mode : true / false
    • max-players : 1 to 1000
    • pvp : true / false
    • allow-flight : true / false
    • white-list : true / false
    • spawn-protection : 1 to 1000
    After the value is changed, you can reload the configuration using the craftbukkit /reload option.
    If you do not do this, your changes will not be activated.
    Sample : type these commandes to disable monsters spawn on your server
    All monsters are immediately killed
    /config spawn-monsters false
    /reload
    Entities manager

I first made this plugin because I needed to know why the Essentials plugin /gc function told me that I had more than 20000 entities into my world (this made a big server lag and crash).
    This helped me to know where these entities were, what they were, and it enabled me to remove them from the world very quickly.
    So it will be very usefull if you need to clean-up your world : minecarts, boats, dropped stuffs... everything can be removed from the world with it.
    Only OPS / CONSOLE can use these commands.
    • /entities displays a summary of the entities active in your worlds
      Writes a detailed log into plugins/RealAdminTools/entities.txt
      Each entity is described here, with it's acurate location into the world
    • /entities remove item all remove all active dropped items from your worlds
    • /entities remove item <typeId> remove all active dropped items that have this typeId from your worlds
    • /entities remove <class> remove all entities of this class
    Known classes are : (Beware : if you remove an entity class, all sub-classes entities will be destroyed !)
    • entity (DO NOT USE ! Unpredictable result)
      • arrow
      • egg
      • fallingsand
      • fireball
      • fish
      • painting
      • snowball
      • tntprimed
      • vehicle
        • boat
        • minecart
          • poweredminecart
          • storageminecart
      • livingentity (DO NOT USE ! Unpredictable result)
        • creature
          • animals
          • chicken
          • cow
          • pig
          • sheep
          • wolf
        • monster
          • creeper
          • giant
          • skeleton
          • spider
          • zombie
            • pigzombie
          • watermob
            • squid
        • flying
          • ghast
        • slime
        • humanentity (DO NOT USE ! Unpredictable result)
          • player (DO NOT USE ! Unpredictable result)
    Operators list

• /ops displays the list of the operators (content of the ops.txt file)
    Download and documentation links:

Known issues:

• Tell me
    Changelog:

Version 0.06
    • Internal changes (RealTranslation and RealTools libraries compatibility)
    Version 0.05
    • /ops to display the operators list
    Version 0.04
    • /config alone to display server.properties options values
    • /config <option> to display one option's value
    • /config commands now answer with color
    Version 0.03
    • /config command to change server.properties file configuration options
    • /entities remove now displays how many entities were removed
    Version 0.02
    • entities can now be called from the console
    Version 0.01
    • first release
      I was able to /entities remove item 81 with it.
      One of my players used to build a huge cactus farm, that popped continuously cactus items (81). This big purge saved my server from a definitive crash !
    Road Map - TODO:

• nothing else for the moment.
      perhaps other tools for server admins I will not found somewhere else.
    Donate

If you like my plugins and have some money to spend helping me to take more time improving it and - why not - develop other cool things, don't forget the author :
    Make a Donation via Paypal
    Thanks a lot to donators.

milp, morganm and Fazuul like this.
  2. Offline

spunkiie

You are my new fuckin' GOD!

TY

3. Offline

RazorFlint

Lovley as usual :D

4. Offline

spunkiie

REQ: Possibility to use /entities remove item from CONSOLE.

(Just made a script to run hourly but aways returns: /entities [detail] )

5. Offline

tickleman

job done.

6. Offline

spunkiie

7. Offline

captainawesome7

@tickleman have you been attacked by the random spacing ghost? :)

8. Offline

Jadedwolf

No matter what variable I use for this plugin it always just returns the entities details for my worlds, without actually removing them. :(
    All it ever shows without confirmation of doing anything, is just shows a detailed list of what entities my worlds have.

9. Offline

tickleman

Don't know anything about them LOL.

I did this because of :

- a cactus farm : a player found a way to create cactus that automatically cut themself when they grow. So after some hours working 20000 cactus entities were into the ground, and, well, my server slowed down and crashed without any chance to survive.

- it helped me to kill a strange bugging zombie that was not dangerous, bug not very esthetic in the middle of our "Rock Museum".

remove does not say anything else than the entities detail. but if after a /entities remove you do an /entities again, you should see that the stats tell you they are less numerous !

my plugin is very minimalist. so no confirmation message. you're right, it should be.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  10. Offline

Jadedwolf

It would be nice to show the result of the command used, like how many entities were removed in thus action.

11. Offline

captainawesome7

Lol, not sure if you understood this, but there were random empty lines in the OP that you probably didn't want there, its some glitch with the forum software :)

12. Offline

Johnnyboy118

I believe you have a typo under your livingentity class:
    • worlf

13. Offline

sinkir

Is it a way to fix this error : "Attempted to place a tile entity where there no entity tile!" ?

14. Offline

Demonofbirth

Sir you just saved my server. It was lagging BAD for no reason and one of my admins confessed that he on accident did a cuboid of 51k torches. This confirmed that (there was 43k entities) and quickly fixed the problem.

15. Offline

tickleman

43k entities !!! Damned !!!!!

So, new features now with 0.3.
    I did not found any mod that changes values on server.properties file from the console nor the in-game chat.
    Now one exists.

16. Offline

Jadedwolf

"entities remove now displays how many entities were removed"
    Sir you are my hero. :)

17. Offline

spunkiie

nevermind

18. Offline

EMOberger

when i first got this plugin it worked and did what i needed but now i have tried to remove all the entities again by /entities remove all buttt it fezzes my server and thus i have to stop it and restart which makes the action of me removing the entities never happen...see my dilemma? just wanted to put that out there xD but other than that it works perfectly /entities remove item all is my friend :D

19. Offline

generalmek

i cant find plugin for auto-remove droped items i need with set timer..
    for example when player die he drop more items i need destroy this items automaticaly after 30sec. or grifer run drop more earth blocks. its all take RAM. can u help?

20. Offline

tickleman

You must " /entites remove class all ". Don't forget the class (replace class by the entity class name, list is on my first post in this forum) ! And do not use livingentity, humanentity or player !! this will not be good for your server.

21. Offline

Tang

Great plugin!!!!
    a minor mishap with world edit cause 270,000 torches to be "dropped" on the ground, not placed but dropped... this caused HUGE lag and crashing of the server....

With your plugin i was able to use /entity remove item 50 and clear ALL of the torches, you saved me hours of time it would have taken to fix this.... THANK YOU!

tickleman likes this.
  22. Offline

Darkhand81

Awesome plugin, can't live without it!

I tried to remove all monsters on a whim, but am having trouble... I tried /entities remove monster but it always said 0 monsters removed.

So I used spawnmob to spawn a 'monster' (the one that looks like a player), and tried the command again. This time it said '1 monster removed' and it removed him.

Seems there's a conflict between the 'monster' class and the 'monster' entity?

23. Offline

tickleman

Source are now on github, if you need it.

24. Offline

spunkiie

@tickleman

Started getting this in server.log today:

Could not save plugins/RealAdminTools/entities.txt file

BTW: The file is there, tried deleting it but doesn't work.

25. Offline

tickleman

Not a problem with access rights of your file ? Check that the plugins/RealAdminTools folder and entities.txt are both owned by the same user you use to launch craftbukkit (and the user you use to delete your entities.txt file).

26. Offline

spunkiie

@tickeman

Not a permission problem. I'm running the server as root (linux). And the file is there.. when I type only /entities the file gets the entities list - as expected -. Dunno why only when removing I get the error.

27. Offline

tickleman

Sorry I was not abble to reproduce that. When I /entities, the file creates and the summary displays on my chat. Then no problem for me to remove the file if wished.

28. Offline

Fazuul

I'm seeing the same issue, in addition to being unable to remove any entities after updating to CB #1000.

Doing /entities will display the summary; but /entities remove doesn't remove anything, displays the same summary and gives the following error in the server log:

"2011-07-20 04:33:38 [SEVERE] Could not save plugins/RealAdminTools/entities.txt file"

29. Offline

nmc94

I get the same error. @tickleman Please update, i really need the plugin!!

30. Offline

tickleman

Sorry, but I tried it with an /entities remove zombie or /entities remove spider on my server and it works well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6blFtJ67OA

Released my actual version of the mod (no major changes).

You should perhaps remove entities.txt file to see if it works better ?