[ADMN] AutoReg

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Torrent, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Torrent

Author: Torrent (iDnwl)
    Name: AutoReg
    Version: (V1 on hMod but still needs porting for Bukkit.)
    Something to consider: I have a very basic knowledge of coding - Updates will be released slowly and may be glitchy. So bare with me.

Features that Autoreg has:
    * New players can register themselves without having to hassle Staff members. This will probably change as I have a new feature planned.
    * Players type /rules to access the rules as normal and it gives them the option of typing /yes or /no
    * Typing /no kicks the player and the reason is: 'Did not agree to rules'
    * Typing /yes will upgrade them to a group which allows them to place and destroy blocks in areas which aren't protected by Cuboid Protection.

NOTE: Yes I know this can register griefers automatically, but on the hMod forums I have received a generally positive response. It also works well with the Cuboid protection plugin.

Planned features for future versions:
    * Once the player types /yes it sends a message to staff member who is currently online saying '[name] has applied to become a member, type /accept or /decline [reason]' (I have been told that Bukkit hasn't got user groups sorted out yet? Any news on that would be appreciated.)
    * Once the player has typed /yes, they enter a reason for why they want to join. You could include a secret password which is written in the rules. For example, /yes [enter reason to join + secret password hidden in the rules] Idea suggested by TerraPlay, thanks!
    * Pending application for members who applied when the server Admin / Moderator is offline. E.g, /listpending or /pendingmembers, /pending [name] [accept/decline] Suggested by Tazzernator, thanks!
    * If the server has a forum / site where people can apply, I hope to make it so AutoReg can process their application and register them that way. (I dont know if this is entirely possible. Feedback?)

Video:

Original hey0 forum thread: Here
    Download link: (for hMod Pre Minecraft Beta) <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Thanks for reading.

Torrent. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

Tazzernator

Nice idea!

I run a creative server, so this is a little tooo risky. :p

But I can definitely see the need for your plugin! Make sure to have fun developing it! :D

3. Offline

Torrent

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Fair enough :p
    That's why I hope to add the feature where it sends the application to staff members.

Haha, i'll try my best to update it. :p

4. Offline

Tazzernator

Just FYI, bukkit has not implemented a permission system yet. So hold out till then.

A pending registrations would be awesome! Then have admin commands /pending accept name

or /pending decline name

I'm getting excited mate! haha.

Just have to wait out the API updates ;)

5. Offline

Torrent

Ah okay. Thanks for the update.

And that sounds like a great idea! I'll note that down for when I can start updating it.

6. Offline

TerraPlay

if you add the 2 first things planned for the future, i'll love you forever.
    and if you could add an argument to this /yes command where users have to put something like a message (becauce i want that the users read the rules. in the rules theres a hidden password and they have to look through the rules carefully so they're forced to read them.) after the /yes, this would be the best plugin ever :3

example:
    somebody types /rules, reads them carefully, got the passwort and types /yes <pw> so staff members can see the users read the rules and can activate them. in combination with automatic bigbrother watching this is the perfect anti-griefing system.

and of course usergroup-compability would be great.

7. Offline

WMisiedjan

So, This plugin isn't usable for Bukkit Servers Yet? Although nice idea. I was already thinking about a /rules command.

8. Offline

znoozer

Well done! Nice plugin! =) Im gonna test it and if it is good, gonna add it to my server.

9. Offline

Torrent

No its not ready for the Bukkit servers yet. But it will be soon!
    --- merged: Jan 20, 2011 5:40 PM ---
    Another excellent idea - thanks!
    Yes these two things shall be implemented in time.
    I shall try my best to get this done for you :)

I just realised - I wont be able to port this over until Bukkit release the final build or some sort of User Group is released by them.
    I am aware of the User group plugin, but i'd prefer to use something official by Bukkit.
    I will update this when the Bukkit build comes out - don't worry. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  10. Offline

jenso942

nice now we just gotta know when that is :) / :(

11. Offline

Magik

I wouldn't use this on my server, as we have some griefer issues, but I like the idea.

Also, I thought of a possible implementation for your forum integration, or rather, at least half of it. You could open up a socket reader on localhost and take registrations through that. Check out the TCP plugin someone else posted in this release forum - they do something similar. Or if you've ever seen the source code for dynmaps ( I think he's ported to bukkit now too ), he also uses a socket listener to serve HTTP-style GET requests on the socket ( for showing users' positions on the map live ).

Using this local listening socket, probably implementing the basic HTTP POST request/response, you could easily write a PHP script/page to interface with this local socket. It wouldn't necessarily have to be local either, as a lot of people don't host the server's webpage on the same server as the minecraft server. You could have it listen on the external ip at a specified port for this as well. I would suggest having some sort of password/authentication configuration that the PHP script would need to send the correct password to allow any access/modification ( so people can't externally access this port and try to do malicious things ).

It's definitely doable, and I think that feature would probably be the best feature of this plugin.

Just my 2 cents, discard them if you like, i tend to throw pennies away anywas ;)

12. Offline

Cosmic Break

How is this coming along?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.