Solved Add potion effects to mobs

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Robin Bi, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Robin Bi

Hey there :3

For a minigame I'm currently working on I need to "enchant" mobs. So the player has a stick with which he can e.g. poison mobs (rightclick).

Code:java
    1. @EventHandler
    2. public void onRightClick(PlayerInteractEntityEvent piee) {
    3. if (!(piee.getRightClicked() instanceof LivingEntity)) return; // So that the player does not poison a minecart.
    5. LivingEntity lentity = (LivingEntity) piee.getRightClicked();
    6. if (piee.getPlayer().getItemInHand().getType() != null && piee.getPlayer().getItemInHand().getType() == Material.STICK) {
    7. lentity.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.POISON, 100, 1));
    8. }
    9. }

But there's neither an effect nor an error. Adding the potion effect as i did it seems to not do anything at all...

By googling I found this thread, where the thread author himself came up with the idea of doing
    Code:java
    1. lentity.hasPotionEffect(PotionEffectType.POISON);

He / she was sure that this fixed his / her problem, but it just returns a boolean and IMO doesn't do anything but this. It does not really _add_ the effect, does it? :eek:

Hopefully someone can show me how to add those effects.

Thanks,
    ~Robin Bi

2. Offline

Jalau

Did you added a debug line to check if this line: lentity.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.POISON, 100, 1)); does get called? And also rightclick a sheep or something like that, because poison won't do anything on zombie, so maybe thats the reason ^^ The other stuff is right and should work,but better check: "piee.getPlayer().getItemInHand() != null" instead of "piee.getPlayer().getItemInHand().getType() != null" ;)

3. Offline

Robin Bi

Jalau Oh man, THANK you! I did not know that poison doesn't effect hostile mobs...

4. Offline

Jalau

No problem ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.