A weather damage plugin based on biome, time, and precipitation

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltraFaceguy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Plugin category:
    MECH/RPG

Suggested name:
    WeatherDamage

What I want:
    A plugin that directly damages players based on world, biome, time, and weather if there are no blocks overhead. As we don't have enough weather damage plugins as is. Here's an example config that pretty much conveys everything.

Code:
    World:
      condition1:
            damage: 1
            biome: [desert, mushroom]
            fire: true
            timestart: 1000
            timeend: 2000
            precipitation: false
            cancelblocks: []
            cancelradius: []
        condition2:
            damage: 2
            biome: [taiga, tundra]
            fire: false
            timestart: 2000
            timeend: 3000
            precipitation: true
            cancelblocks: [50,51]
            cancelradius: [2,3]

Basically the config means in World, players take 1/2 heart of damage, with on fire effect, in deserts and mushroom biomes, from the time of 1000-2000 IF the weather is sunny. Players also take 1 heart of direct damage, in taigas and tundras, from 2000-3000 with no fire effect, if it is snowing, and they are not within 2 blocks of a torch, or 3 blocks of fire.

Ideas for commands:
    /weatherd reload
    /weatherd create <condition>
    /weatherd <condition> <setting> <value

Ideas for permissions:
    weatherd.admin

When I'd like it by:
    Yesterday.

Additional Info:
    I've actually rewritten this many times over the last 4 hours, but chrome keeps crashing. So yeah.

2. Offline

skipperguy12

When I'd like it by:
    Yesterday.

Too late to make it now!

3. Offline

UltraFaceguy

I just chose the one from the default template, don't hate! :D

Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

UltraFaceguy

It hasn't been 12? I think my time and the forums time is out of sync a bit...

Considering how many weather plugins there are, as I mentioned, I requested this only because I didn't really want any extra features, and there aren't really any that base if off the current weather condition, time, AND biome.

Long story short, though tempting, I'm not very interested in combining plugin ideas at this time.

I like my plugins as lightweight as possible, and even this is pushing it for me :<

5. No sorry, I think I misread the timestamp, so my bad there. Also, fair enough. If your request ends up getting made, I may just end up using it as the closest approximation to what I was looking for. I still wish that the better parts of Seasons mod could be ported into a plugin.

6. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Well in that case, should mine get made, I will request of the dev to add in Seasons mod support (if it will not bloat the plugin in his opinion) or make a separate version with the support if it does.

Bear in mind, however, compliance with this will be entirely up to the dev :D

7. Don't worry about asking for support for that mod directly, I was looking to enable the same effect and ability as that mod, but through a server plugin so that players wouldn't need to have a modded client. The effects would be simulated and vanilla compatible. Keeps your request as is, simpler in execution, so its more likely to be fulfilled. My request just drew on some similar features to what you're asking for, so, if your request gets accepted, I may update my request to adapt yours if and where possible.

8. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Alright, sounds good.

Now to wait on a dev who will accept this :D

9. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Eh? Bump!

10. Offline

UltraFaceguy

I had seen that once before, and it doesn't seem like it has a time based function. That, and it doesn't look like there's a damage players in the desert option, only hunger loss and drinking water to prevent it.

Though it is a good find, this was the one I considered using right up until I made this request!