A True Herobrine Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bikboii, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Offline

bikboii

Hello, today I have come to request a plugin that can summon an NPC Herobrine, and make him act the way he was supposed to in order to scare players just a little.

When a player is wandering around in the wilderness, away from other players, there should be a very small chance that a Herobrine NPC will spawn in the direction he is looking, a distance away. Herobrine should have a blaze effect appear when he spawns/despawns. When the player tries to walk near him, he should disappear.

Name: HB (this is so players don't do /pl and just notice Herobrine)

Config:
    • Distance from players for Herobrine to spawn: 150
    • Chance Herobrine will spawn: 5%
    • Time between chances he can spawn (minutes): 5
    • Distance from player Herobrine will spawn: 25
    • Distance from Herobrine player must move for despawn: 20
    • Item in Herobrine's hand: 0 #id number
    Commands:
    • /hb - Responds with available commands
      • /hb reload - Reloads config
      • /hb on - Turns on Herobrine plugin
      • /hb off - Turns off Herobrine plugin
      • /hb toggle - Makes Herobrine not spawn for that player.
    Permissions:
    • herobrine.see - Whether or not Herobrine can spawn for that player.
    • herobrine.reload
    • herobrine.on
    • herobrine.off
    • herobrine.toggle
    Notes:
    If it's not possible to allow players to see his skin/nametag without Spout, then make it compatible with Citizens, as our server and many others use it.
    Thanks!

2. I can tell you that I've made a plugin to do this before, and it takes a while. Fun, but takes a while.

3. Offline

bikboii

I think it would be loads of fun, if you ever feel like making this again, it'd be very appreciated. I think many other servers would feel the same way. :D

4. Maybe in my free time someday ;)

bikboii likes this.
  5. Offline

bikboii

So is anyone interested in building this?

6. Offline

devilquak

I've actually been working on something quite close to this for some time, my idea was to make players 'hallucinate' Herobrine in a way, like only they'd be able to see him and he'd just appear a bit away from the player and disappear when they walk closer. You'd send it to a certain player through a command, and you could also make them kill the player if you wanted.

I've done all the commands and I'm about halfway through the NPC stuff, which is very hard to figure out. I might not ever finish it, but it's fun nonetheless.

7. Offline

bikboii

That sounds really awesome! Is there any way you'd be able to make it spawn in front of them randomly?

8. Offline

devilquak

There definitely is, but this is hard stuff that I don't 100% understand. I'm only able to spawn an NPC at a player's exact location or where they player is looking at the moment, I'll have to write some complex spawn-finding algorithms to spawn Herobrine where I want, or maybe I'll just make him spawn at a random radius around the player and have him disappear when they look at him, like how an Enderman freezes when you look at them, just not very sure yet.

I'm just trying to get everything working right first, like I'm having trouble making then walk where I want them to and having them despawn correctly.

9. Offline

bikboii

Well what if you made it spawn where the player was looking, but only if it was within a certain distance, so if he was looking 25+ blocks away, it wouldn't spawn, but if he was looking closer, there would be a chance for Herobrine to spawn.

10. Offline

lordde8

Hey i just see here is a really new thread.I was playing some minecraft with a friend on my server and i scared him a bit with some Herobrine Story's and i was placing signs and so on.

And now i searched for a new Plugin.It would be totally AWESOME if somebody could do this.

I just need to be scary.There have to be things like the "2x2" tunnels.And than he have to appear near you just like bikboii said.

That would be totally nice really...we need a new Herobrine plugin...and it need to be fucking SCARY!!

Greetings

11. Offline

devilquak

Yes, I think I could do that, get the block the player is looking at then check if it's within a certain radius of the player's location.

bikboii likes this.
  12. Well, I should have checked this thread :p

I just wrote a NPC library from scratch and started on a Herobrine plugin with the specifics you mentioned in a notepad modified to my liking. devilquak is likely further along than me, but I'll continue because it's alot of fun.

Look what you did, now there goes my weekend :(

13. Offline

bikboii

Well, both sound really awesome, both of you should finish your plugins because they're each a little unique, and if you could share it, I would appreciate it very much. I think this plugin would be lots of fun.

14. Sure, I'll look about releasing it.

bikboii Any chance you could get on irc? (irc.esper.net #48 or #bukkit)

I need testers! PM me or contact me on irc (irc.esper.net #48 or #bukkit ping me by saying "tips48")

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  15. Offline

bikboii

Alright, I can get on at around 5:00 Central Time (in America).

16. Will work, I'll be on. If I don't respond I'm eating dinner, but I don't think I will be for another couple hours.

bikboii likes this.