A server for 5th grade kids

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by lucasbuck, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lucasbuck

If you've seen my other posts, my wife and I built an educational server for our 5th grade students (we're teachers). I've gotten a lot of help from the forum, both directly from asking and reading old posts. So I wanted to say thank you and share.
    I tried to contact everyone I copied and pasted content from to get permission, but some I couldn't reach. If there's something you see on the server that you made and want credit or for me to remove it, just let me know (I mentioned that on the YouTube page). I'm particular about that. In the video below I even got permission from the studio to use the music. Thanks to my wife who decorated and set up most of the interiors for the educational areas. Unfortunately a lot of the interactive stuff I built with command blocks and the new commands that bukkit hasn't implemented. Hopefully these will be implemented soon. I launched the server yesterday and form a teachers point of view it's great to see kids learning long after the buses have rolled out.

Gater12, MrInspector, jthort and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Bobcat00

Cool! Looks good!

3. Offline

xXCHICKENXx

Haha, that is nice. You seem like great teachers :p

4. Offline

MrInspector

Nice! I wish my teachers would do this for me too :S

Also, please be careful how you handle trolls because if one of them slips in your server with knowing there is a lot of kids on the server, he'll just saying a lot of inappropriate stuff (You don't want them saying that at school do you :p?), I'd highly suggest you have some anti-swear if you didn't already.

Good luck!

5. thats pretty impressive

6. Offline

iLakerz

So can I be in your class xD
    Wish I can go back to time when I was in 5th grade, and transfer to your class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.