A query and an issue about craftbukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Onza40, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Onza40

I have been running craftbukkit since hmod failed us all, and it is a lot better, with some excellent plugins (even though craftbook doesn't work, by using some other mods I can work around it).

So my questions here are:
    I am booting craftbukkit with
    On a 64 bit system, is this the correct one to be running? And if so, how do I allocate more than 1024M of RAM? I tried setting 2048, but it was not happy with that.
    EDIT: After some quick testing now, the max I can set is 1586, why is this? I have 4gb of RAM...

Second thing, bit of an issue, since build 150 something, two of my players have complained about loss of inventory when I took the server down. I ran save-all, then stop, but still they lost their stuff.
    Is this a bug in the current build?
    And I have thought just now, if anyone else has had this, would making all players disconnect before taking the server down fix the problem?

Thanks for any help.

2. Offline

TnT

That is going to point to your x86 java. So no, its not the right one.

You need x64 java, then you can allocate more RAM.

3. Offline

Pezmantbh

This is not really a bug, but rather something that isn't ideal. The server will only save player inventory and location when they disconnect, my guess would be because it causes a large amount of lag to save a lot of players information at the same time. If they disconnect, their stuff should be saved fine :)

4. Offline

Onza40

Do you know where it should point to?
    I don't know enough about java...

5. Offline

mindless728

Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

6. Offline

Onza40

Cool, got it running now, and it is soooo much faster, shame warps and home are broken in the latest version though :(
    Thanks guys, peace out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.