A Foolproof Economy for your Bukkit Server!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by joshwenke, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

joshwenke

[​IMG]

There are so many servers out there that have a horrible economy system. Don't be like them!

I made this chart after being frustrated with a specific server that always had a way to exploit their economy to make money. I now use it on my popular server Cobalt (173.167.103.22).

This simple chart shows the prices to buy and sell most items. Use logic to figure out the rest (ex: stone is $x, so stonebrick is also $x). When making a shop, it's always nice to include a way to buy/sell one item at a time, and also to sell 64 items at a time. I find that the Essentials [Buy] and [Sell] signs look good and work well with our economy. See a live demo at our server, Cobalt.

(The selling prices are always half that of the buying prices. Example: a log is $4 to buy, so it would be $2 to sell. Trust me on this one! It works better than anything else!

You can download this PDF and use it however you like. I do ask, however, that if you put this page on your own site (for staff, players, etc.) that you give credit to "joshwenke" or "Cobalt". Thanks!

Download link: Click here to download
    Server credit: 173.167.103.22
    Credit: joshwenke
    Image credits: Mojang, minecraftwiki.net

If you would like prices for any other items, feel free to send me a PM.

2. 80 for string ? You would get rich if you find a cave spider spawner and have a sword, I have entire stacks of strings after finding 2-3 =)

Also why is pumpkin so costly ? You can grow them like melons but you don't get 10 melon slices per melon block for it to be 1:1.

But anyway, everybody should use whatever prices they want depending on their world and expecially their plugins, because some plugins (like MCMMO) make some items more accessible than vanilla.

3. Offline

joshwenke

This is kind of old, I thought I'd share it for the general knowledge. I made this when Pumpkin seeds were unobtainable so they were very rare. Also, I have extreme mob drops from spawners disabled on my server (you can only get a fixed number of items from a mob spawner every hour)

4. Does it limit the loot you get from breaking cobwebs or does it limit the amount of webs ? Because there are alot of webs in mines and each drops a string if you destroy it with a sword :p and belive it, I got stacks of strings from those.

Well, in my opinion you shouldn't have posted this now if it's *old*... but anyway :}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.