3 Item Keep On Death

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Boggle_Poop, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Boggle_Poop

(Option 1)
    I need a plugin that will allow the player to keep the armor they are wearing and the weapon they are using on death, or it could just be the item in the first slot if that is easier.

(Option 2)
    Or allow the player to keep 3 items on death, once the player dies a small chest gui shows up of all the players lost items. the player only gets to keep 3 of the items they have lost. if they dont choose in 30 seconds they all drop on the ground where the player died.

(Preferable Option 2)

2. Offline

pie_flavor

Interesting idea. I will get on this. Option 2 of course.

3. Offline

xXDevastationXx

/gamerule keepinventory

It allows you to keep items on death, so maybe you cloud use the sane concept as this. But have it only work on swords and Armor... It would work like /keepInventory ... Ill try and make this.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. Offline

Boggle_Poop

Did you even read the plugin request?

5. Offline

Solaris_88

Interesting idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out :)
    @pie_flavor If you're creating this, I would suggest making it so you can change the amount of items you get to keep in the config. And maybe being able to change the name of the chest in the config, so you can have "Example text" at the top of the chest GUI.

6. Offline

Boggle_Poop

Yeah that would be cool Solaris, I would make it say something like "Choose 3 Items" or something like that so players know what they are seeing for the first time. I really hope he makes it because it would be great to add to my rpg server and it would make dying on my rpg server way better to deal with and make players not get mad if they die. i really hope he gets done with this soon :c

7. Offline

Solaris_88

mhm :)
    BUT. What will happen if he/she was killed by another player?
    What if he picks up all their stuff. Would those 3 items be taken out of their inventory?

8. Offline

pie_flavor

@Solaris_88 When they die, I'm setting keepInventory to true. Then I'll drop the remaining items manually.

9. Offline

Solaris_88

10. Offline

Boggle_Poop

Ok pie_flavor but um, when this is done do i just drop it in my plugins folder?

11. Offline

pie_flavor

12. Offline

Boggle_Poop

Ok i just didnt know lol. i thought there was a different way for this or something.
    How do I get the file?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  13. Offline

pie_flavor

@Boggle_Poop I keep all of my plugins on Dropbox, both workspaces and finished jars.

14. Offline

pie_flavor

15. Offline

Solaris_88

@pie_flavor Works great, what happens if the player logs out before he gets to pick his items? Do all of them drop?
    And no permissions/config?

16. Offline

pie_flavor

@Solaris_88 No. It's not triggered on death, but on respawn. In the event of a crash after respawn, the inventory will close, so the items will drop.
    Didn't need them.

17. Offline

Solaris_88

Might be nice to have permissions though :p

18. Offline

pie_flavor

19. Offline

Solaris_88

To be able to use the feature :p
    So if he wants he can have it set for certain groups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.